• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJET CR2 pilots must rebid!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First of all, I didn't vote for that poor excuse of a president "Obama"!! I appreciate where you are coming from. The only thing I am saying is that we aren't paid for the amount of responsibility that we take on. What bothers me more than the money especially with this last bidding issue is that the company could care less about our quality of life.....we can't let them have their cake and eat it too..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

First of all, I didn't vote for that poor excuse of a president "Obama"!! I appreciate where you are coming from. The only thing I am saying is that we aren't paid for the amount of responsibility that we take on. What bothers me more than the money especially with this last bidding issue is that the company could care less about our quality of life.....we can't let them have their cake and eat it too..

Well at least not everyone is critical of the company.

Sent from my Sarcasm SG69-80081E5 using the Manchester Mark 1 and Hollerith punch cards.

Last edited:
The company doesn't set the pay scales, the market does. If you don't like the pay, demand a raise and say if you don't get it then you will quit. If everyone starts quitting then pay rates will go up, regional business models will collapse, and the lucky survivors will all fly for mainline.

Spaceshipearth, I couldn't agree more. Or we can just have some dignity and self respect while digging in and standing our ground. If it goes under, it won't be because we weren't accountable or that we didn't have enough self respect and ethics to stand up for what was right and what we believe......

There ain't no raisin' the bar at a regional. Even if you raised pay across the board at EVERY regional airline out there, some idiot would just start another airline to suit the contractual (cost) needs of the mainline airlines. Reference Compass and MidAtlantic, as an example.

The solution is simple- go to an airline that is the puppet master, rather than the puppet. Wanting whiz bang schedules and mac daddy pay here is pipe dream, unless you are kamikazi-esque. My favorite are the ASAlifers that think we're on Delta's bad side due to performance........ when in actuality it is 100% about money. Don Bornhorst said it outright- he doesn't care about ASA people, their flight benefits, or schedules. It's all about COST.

Don't like 7leg days? Than don't fly for a regional that has them.

First of all, I didn't vote for that poor excuse of a president "Obama"!!

So then you voted for the guy who called airline pilots "greedy" and likened UAL pilots efforts to get a new contract with being "unpatriotic"?

Yeah, this guy , who bitched about UAL pilots refusing overtime during negotiations. Since when the F*** is OVERTIME something the American worker is forced to accept?

You guys really are a funny bunch.

Last edited:
It should be pointed out that TWA ended up not being an economically viable entity, and those pilots who won that battle lost the war.

And if you're foolish enough to believe that the pilots having 100% control over PBS was the nail in the coffin that led to TWA's demise, I don't know what to tell you. They were done LONG before it even happened.

Pilot costs are not what takes an airline down, reducing pilots costs isn't what makes a company economically viable.

They took the popcorn machine out of the crew lounge to save money.

They are looking for every penny

I think pilot costs might be a consideration

But yet they continue to pay bottom dollar to schedulers (you get what you pay for) and accept the HUGE inefficiencies that result.

I'll believe the company is doing everything possible to save money when crew utilization gets the attention it deserves. Until then, the cost of popcorn machines and the like are just drops in a bucket...

Aah, the old popcorn machine trick. Removing it does absolutely nothing for the company's bottom line but it gets the pilots talking.

Latest resources

Back