• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blanket Party!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tzskip- your point has been debated for almost a year. The process agreement was followed- and several of us warned against alpa's conflict of interest (ie: ALPA having no motivation to facilitate things smoothly) and especially against playing hardball with SWA mgmt- you were warned- hundreds of times on this site alone- "don't do it, the culture isn't all rainbows and unicorns-" that was a seriously self-serving vote and you guys got a lesson in the real SWA culture- do the right thing and you will get more love and security from an employer than you ever thought you could- do wrong, be self-serving and prideful, lack humility- and for the sake of the company, they will act in the best interests of SWA when dealing with you. And that won't go well for you. In this deal specifically AT pilots seemed to overwhelmingly reject our roles as leaders in the integration- and this is what motivated herb and Colleen. I hope people truly get that THIS WAS NOT JUST ABOUT US AS PILOTS. As the first to go through the process, we needed to set the example and follow through on GK's VERY CLEARLY STATED DESIRE TO HAVE THIS INTEGRATION BE NEGOTIATED- did you think he was kidding?? The simple fact was that ATALPA was manipulating the process, dragging their feet, and acting dysfunctional in many ways- the cold business facts are that this deal becomes much less profitable and damaging to the culture if EVERY employee group drags out their integrations to the length of their PAs. This was stated over and over by me and many others here- But you didn't believe us or GK. Thought we were just "playing hardball". Well.....
To Lumberg's point- yeah, it's their fault for not knowing they were on a tricycle and GK is in an armored car- we all asked very publicly why they would think they could hold our culture hostage, try to use it as leverage, "better give us everything we want or your culture is ruined(!)" <- that line was used here on FI- it's still echoed by some of the bad attitudes here on both sides-
It's long over- this suit is probably silly- but things would have gone down much differently had AT pilots been allowed to vote-
But here's the bright side- this probably won't get traction- and this whole SWA acquiring AT deal will be judged much more clearly in 5 & 10 years, than right now-
Now's the time to zen out and go with the flow- my guess is we all have a really bright future- change is change. The pain being experienced is the resistance to that change. And it's 100% voluntary. Let it go.

Last edited:
Their attorney is Michael Haber. The same attorney that the RJDC wankers used. Knowing that, all of the lies, misrepresentations, misspellings, bad grammar, and everything else makes perfect sense.

He's made a living at suing ALPA...He's never lost against ALPA. His current DFR case Mid-Atlantic pilots v. ALAP should settle soon....

The problem was the process agreement. It was the "best" we could get. Unfortunately. The language was not extremely strong and there were holes. I love how the MEC touted the process agreement as full proof when no other agreement in Airtran's history was perfect. GK could have not integrated us and exploited the holes in the process agreement. Im still disappointed that SW management pulled the non integration "threat".

I know everyone debates the AIP1 vs. AIP2 and how great AIP1 would have been. They both sucked. But with the rumors/facts of the 717 going away earlier than planned, if you read AIP1 any reductions of captian slots would have dropped the fences and captain seats would have gone in senority order i.e. to Swapa. Airtran captains that would have been "protected" would have lost their seats before it ever started. Basically turning it into AIP2. same same

at any rate

Southwest is the greatest flying job in the history of world aviation

everybody is extremely lucky to be there

even the boys that Delta has allowed to exist in the atl

Delta could have squashed the bug but they chose not too! Luck is always on your side.

Truly an outsider looking in here - seems to me thar ALPA National had no incentive to see this thing go smoothly as they were destined to lose yet another pilot group and their dues if it did. I'm a little surprized that no one has really looked at that angle ( or maybe they have and I missed it).

you missed it, this forum talked at length how alpo would drag this out to maximum to inflict pain/cost on their new competitor.

I would describe it as rumor.

Are you high Bill ? There were way to many people in the room to pretend it's a rumor. The one interesting detail about this case will be the evidence. We're all going to get a nice long look at who said what and where.

Don't be surprised if somebody jumps up from the stand and runs around the court room clucking like a chicken - screaming "I'm an Admiral, I'm an Admiral !"

Latest resources

Back