Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thoughts on the SWA/AAI Integration vote outcome - place your bets!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the question becomes.. in 9 minutes, will the results be immediate or will ALPA have one last trick up their sleeve and delay their results? I'm pretty sure the results on the SWAPA side will be fairly immediate .

At 44 minutes past the close with no word yet, my guess is SWAPA and ATN-ALPA are putting together a joint press release. This is definitely taking longer than usual....

IMHO the vote will be close on the SWA side
Man I wish you swapa guys would vote this down. The biggest seniority grab from a profitable airline in the history of aviation. Me thinks you will vote "yes" handily. Just remember - GK gave you this gift and he will expect his due, come next negotiations. (at least this is my take on it).

Man I wish you swapa guys would vote this down. The biggest seniority grab from a profitable airline in the history of aviation. Me thinks you will vote "yes" handily. Just remember - GK gave you this gift and he will expect his due, come next negotiations. (at least this is my take on it).

Uh-huh...and you've been so spot-on about all things SWA in the past. :rolleyes:

Looks like this one's all over but for the crying. At least both sides were consistent.

From your SWAPA President, Steve Chase Fellow SWAPA Pilots,
Today the members of SWAPA and our counterparts at AirTran-ALPA voted in favor of accepting the seniority list integration provided for in Side Letter 10, paving the way for a full integration of flight operations.

Results of SWAPA's vote, with 95.1 percent of members voting:
83.56 percent in favor
16.44 percent against

Click here to view full results PDF on the SWAPA website.

Results of AirTran-ALPA's vote, with 93.99 percent of members voting:
83.58 percent in favor
16.42 percent against

The affirmative vote should not be seen as an endorsement of the Company's decision to grow through the acquisition. We all know that it is this pilot group's acceptance of the agreement that will best mitigate harm incurred as a result of the Company's decision. Your Association and Southwest Airlines realize that this agreement did not come without sacrifice. Both pilot groups are owed a debt of gratitude for their ability to come to an agreement that will provide Southwest Airlines with what they assert is needed to return our airline to the growth and unrivaled prosperity to which we have become accustomed.

The Company's plan is to begin transitioning aircraft late in the first quarter of 2012 beginning with the 737s at a rate of three per month. It is estimated that Single Operating Certificate (SOC) status will be granted near the same time.

To be perfectly clear, we do not support the strategy of growth through acquisition, not now, or in the future. It is our belief that organic growth is the best for the Company, its Employees and its Culture. Gary has assured us that this plan will lead to significant growth and expansion opportunities, and therefore we trust Gary's comment that "one plus one is greater than two." With the added benefit of seniority list certainty, we expect to realize that result sooner rather than later and will now begin the task of integrating the AirTran pilots into Southwest and SWAPA. This will be a relatively slow process; however, as we work to bring these two groups together, I am sure we will continue to operate as professionals. With this vote our focus is now cast upon Southwest Airlines management and their efforts toward creating a growing and more profitable airline.

On behalf of SWAPA leadership I sincerely thank you for your vote as well as your continued support and professionalism throughout this process.

Steve

Welcome aboard, ATN dudes (even you, Max).

Last edited:
Seniority grab sure. All the AAI folks get huge raises in 36 months and all I'll get is pushed back to the West Coast. Someone again explain to me how well I'm doing on this deal.

All of our first officers should get raises as well as the captains that retain their captain positions by 2015. There are 350 or so of us who will lose our captain seats and not get it back for many years,,so for us, pretty much same money, so that is not entirely a true statement. Not bitc#ing, just trying to point out the above wasn't entirely accurate.

Seniority grab sure. All the AAI folks get huge raises in 36 months and all I'll get is pushed back to the West Coast. Someone again explain to me how well I'm doing on this deal.
Your system wide seniority goes up at least 10% or 800 number. (I gave up 30% to give you that 10%) Plus our growth Plus our international plus etc etc.

Well It is over. And it is what it is. I just am not looking forward to flying with some swa captain who thinks he got the shaft and that I should of got worse than a staple.

Welcome aboard SWA brothers.

Who's next? Alaska buys SWA and staples ALL of you....

LOL!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back