Pinnacle 11-09 out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bri5150

It's out. Congratulations to those that upgraded and got what they wanted and condolences to those that went the other direction.

We are all Pinnacle guys.
Just shut the f*ck up. I don't see any XJ and 9L guys getting downgraded on this list.. in fact, I see quite a few upgrades system wide.

You can try to hold hands and sing kumbaya if you like... but the truth of the matter is that a crime is being committed. A systematic theft of career progression of all Pinnacle pilots hired in 2007 and beyond.

So please, your false platitudes make the bile rise in my throat. Enough.

Like Animal Farm, some are more Pinnacle than others it would seem.

A four year original 9E FO was within 50 numbers of a JFK upgrade a year ago. That person is now 250 from JFK and 300 from DTW, 700 from MEM, and 900 numbers from MSP. Without they fences he would be a mid-seniority Q Captain.

Some of Mesaba's Saab captains got it *SO MUCH* worse. I haven't even looked at their numbers yet. Most of the EWR Q captains moved to JFK 200 CA allowing the dregs of the industry, the post-crash Colgan new-hires into the left seat of the Q.

Those Q's that Phil Trenary bought with the sweat and violated contract of the 9E pilot group and other employees. Sickening.

On the plus side, at least the loudest of you got your wish of getting TW in as MEC chair today. This should be interesting.

Be careful what you wish for kids!

Just shut the f*ck up. I don't see any XJ and 9L guys getting downgraded on this list.. in fact, I see quite a few upgrades system wide.

You can try to hold hands and sing kumbaya if you like... but the truth of the matter is that a crime is being committed. A systematic theft of career progression of all Pinnacle pilots hired in 2007 and beyond.

So please, your false platitudes make the bile rise in my throat. Enough.

So dramatic. We all had losses in this merger. It is time to move on. There is no crime here. This is what happens when we can't all decide on our own integration. I am not placing blame for that, but this industry has ups and downs. I've been furloughed before, I've gained and then lost the flow, I was about to upgrade to the 200 in MSP but then Delta pulled some of the 900's we were going to get. Now, here I am commuting again but I am grateful I was able to hold a captain spot. This will all be a moot point once the legacies start hiring. Everyone will have the chance to upgrade in the next couple three years I bet.

Hang on a second. Am I missing something? I don't see a single ex-9E DOWNGRADE from captain to FO at all. They may have been displaced base or aircraft, but I don't see any downgrades. I see probably 15 ex-Mesaba guys that downgraded. I am not saying they shouldn't have to. I am just saying ex 9E guys didn't get as hosed as many thought, or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Hang on a second. Am I missing something? I don't see a single ex-9E DOWNGRADE from captain to FO at all. They may have been displaced base or aircraft, but I don't see any downgrades. I see probably 15 ex-Mesaba guys that downgraded. I am not saying they shouldn't have to. I am just saying ex 9E guys didn't get as hosed as many thought, or am I missing something?
They weren't listed. They should be reinstated and redowngraded within the same vacancy.

There's about 10 of us who didn't make the list... but you're right. It should be on there.

As for the XJ guys.. you are correct. There are a handful that lost their positions. The majority chose downgrade over commuting to CA positions they could hold elsewhere in the system.

Last edited:
They weren't listed. They should be reinstated and redowngraded within the same vacancy.

There's about 10 of us who didn't make the list... but you're right. It should be on there.

Are you talking about the ones that were downgraded on the last vacancy? I don't understand what you are saying.

Latest resources

Back