• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What "victors" would you be referring to? What standard of fairness are you applying?

You've already lost your credibility. A traditional legacy carrier and a low cost carrier combined. Probably more far more race to the bottom types at America West (e.g. : Mesa) than Airways. Like I said, DOH would have been a windfall for them, but clearly you guys were pleased with the results, and they are super pissed. Uneven results. As for TWA and AA, you may have been wronged by certain individuals, but the results had little to do with level of representation. Your personal greed along with other TWA types comes across as you should awarded a gigantic sum as compensation. Did you also spill coffee and expect Mcdonalds to give you a couple million? ALPA is not nameless, faceless corporation, it's other pilots.

Like I said, DOH would have been a windfall for them, but clearly you guys were pleased with the results, and they are super pissed. Uneven results.
The arbitrator clearly explained his reasoning for why he ruled the way he did. You're free to disagree with him but one side being more angry than the other isn't relevant in any way, shape or form.
As for TWA and AA, you may have been wronged by certain individuals, but the results had little to do with level of representation.
The trial transcript is now available for viewing. Please read it so you can see how full of crap your opinion is.
Your personal greed along with other TWA types comes across as you should awarded a gigantic sum as compensation.
Sad how some can't distinguish justice from greed.
ALPA is not nameless, faceless corporation, it's other pilots.
This I agree with. I don't think you made the point you intended.

Opinions...everyone has got one.

The arbitrator clearly explained his reasoning for why he ruled the way he did. You're free to disagree with him but one side being more angry than the other isn't relevant in any way, shape or form.The trial transcript is now available for viewing. Please read it so you can see how full of crap your opinion is.Sad how some can't distinguish justice from greed. This I agree with. I don't think you made the point you intended.

That just clears it up. Every judgement in every case in every court room or arbitration is always fair and balanced and a slam dunk correct just call. In your own situation, ALPA outstanding perfect, great, suburb, give em in atta boy when it comes to getting the result you desired in the US Airways/America West mess. Those East guys are mad men. But in the case of TWA, ALPA, bad, bad ALPA. What makes me pissed off, is not that you guys sued in the first place, or expecting some kind of penalty or justice. It's the mindset of, we're going to bankrupt the entire umbrella of present day ALPA, let's take every other pilot to the cleaners whether they had anything to do with the mess or not, which of course 99 percent did not. I'm sure you're all for slavery reparations also. Seems to me some are expecting billions and billions and billions in damages. I'd also have sympathy for the Mcdonalds infamous hot coffee case if the damages we're for medical and a reasonable additional amount. Guess pain and suffering really isn't that bad when luxury auto manufactures keeps adding new features to their vehicles. Canadian Airline First Air is part of ALPA. They just had a fatal crash. Are you going to seek compensation from their survivors? What dollar amount is your lawyer group craving here?

That just clears it up. Every judgement in every case in every court room or arbitration is always fair and balanced and a slam dunk correct just call. In your own situation, ALPA outstanding perfect, great, suburb, give em in atta boy when it comes to getting the result you desired in the US Airways/America West mess. Those East guys are mad men. But in the case of TWA, ALPA, bad, bad ALPA. What makes me pissed off, is not that you guys sued in the first place, or expecting some kind of penalty or justice. It's the mindset of, we're going to bankrupt the entire umbrella of present day ALPA, let's take every other pilot to the cleaners whether they had anything to do with the mess or not, which of course 99 percent did not. I'm sure you're all for slavery reparations also. Seems to me some are expecting billions and billions and billions in damages. I'd also have sympathy for the Mcdonalds infamous hot coffee case if the damages we're for medical and a reasonable additional amount. Guess pain and suffering really isn't that bad when luxury auto manufactures keeps adding new features to their vehicles. Canadian Airline First Air is part of ALPA. They just had a fatal crash. Are you going to seek compensation from their survivors? What dollar amount is your lawyer group craving here?

You are ALPA. Where was your anger at the way APLA treated the TWA pilots? Did you let your MEC or ALPA national know that you were in full support of the TWA pilots? You didn't? Then you ARE partially responsible for the way YOUR union misrepresented the pilots that once founded your union.

What makes me pissed off, is not that you guys sued in the first place, or expecting some kind of penalty or justice. It's the mindset of, we're going to bankrupt the entire umbrella of present day ALPA, let's take every other pilot to the cleaners whether they had anything to do with the mess or not, which of course 99 percent did not.
You need to ignore the message board bluster. The purpose of our lawsuit is to right a wrong. It's not realistic to expect ALPA to go bankrupt or even to assess its members. (Might want to check the C&BLs; might not even be allowed.) They're insured and there's still a lot of litigating to go before there's any talk of checks being cut.

You need to ignore the message board bluster. The purpose of our lawsuit is to right a wrong. It's not realistic to expect ALPA to go bankrupt or even to assess its members. (Might want to check the C&BLs; might not even be allowed.) They're insured and there's still a lot of litigating to go before there's any talk of checks being cut.

That's a fair response and I can agree with your sentiment.

So is there any section of the court case transcript now published that is a "smoking gun" type read where the DFR failure is really clear in the testimony? I plan on starting to read it from the beginning tonight, but am not beyond jumping ahead to the interesting parts

Latest resources

Back