• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even if Delta hires, it will first be the flowthroughs, the ASA female FOs with no PIC time, the WAI members, and the OBAP candidates. THEN the rest of us.

Why? Because it's true? And everyone already knows it?

He's right. I have been at 3 airlines. In the new hire classes of all three i was the only white male and the rest were chicks and black dudes...Oh wait, nevermind. The exact opposite is how it really was.

I heard this from the Senior VP of Ops a month ago.

-300-400 more bodies needed for the LGA-DCA slot swap alone.
-Flight time duty time (them not knowing the language) could need 700-900 more.
-180 early retirements mostly from 330 and 747....need to backfill but not doing it right now, due to no idea what network wants.
-330 getting 12+ hour bunks for four man ops....(no numbers given, but more bids to go out once complete).
-That age 65 thingy ain't working out so well, and all a guy has to do is turn in papers and be done with no notice. (has them alarmed, but no numbers given)
-2013 a couple hundred of retirements a year starts up for the next 10 years.

That's the good news....

Bad news...
-243 bypassed recall, some may return...
-it all depends on the economy.

I heard this from the Senior VP of Ops a month ago.

-300-400 more bodies needed for the LGA-DCA slot swap alone.
-Flight time duty time (them not knowing the language) could need 700-900 more.
-180 early retirements mostly from 330 and 747....need to backfill but not doing it right now, due to no idea what network wants.
-330 getting 12+ hour bunks for four man ops....(no numbers given, but more bids to go out once complete).
-That age 65 thingy ain't working out so well, and all a guy has to do is turn in papers and be done with no notice. (has them alarmed, but no numbers given)
-2013 a couple hundred of retirements a year starts up for the next 10 years.

That's the good news....

Bad news...
-243 bypassed recall, some may return...
-it all depends on the economy.

Thought I saw somewhere that 65ers will total 600-800/year at DL for years. Holy Christ if true. GupWn may indeed upgrade someday.

He's right. I have been at 3 airlines. In the new hire classes of all three i was the only white male and the rest were chicks and black dudes...Oh wait, nevermind. The exact opposite is how it really was.

Thats because they were in the classes ahead of yours!

Seriously, in 2010 Delta did in fact take 5 black female FOs from ASA with ZERO PIC time. Thats great and all, but how many white males you think got taken with those same qualifications?

In all fairness, maybe those girls all had better personalities and skillsets than any white males who were also lucky enough to get the interview.

Last edited:

I agree. It was very rare at my 2 airlines to be anything OTHER THAN white male.

But he needs to make himself feel better for not being qualified for a better job.

Latest resources

Back