• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT pay concessions pass easily

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fools. You will take more pay cuts next year.
I laugh at you guys who have to come on here to try and defend yourself, surgar coating it, to make yourself feel better for lowering the bar. Pathetic.

Fools. You will take more pay cuts next year.
I laugh at you guys who have to come on here to try and defend yourself, surgar coating it, to make yourself feel better for lowering the bar. Pathetic.

Yet another enlightening educated response complete with name calling and the overused "lowering the bar" phrase. Man, you guys are on a roll. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yet another enlightening educated response complete with name calling and the overused "lowering the bar" phrase. Man, you guys are on a roll. :rolleyes:
Try to keep a dignified look on your face when you're pushing for Age 75 in a few years. Your meager wages won't allow for anything resembling a retirement.

Try to keep a dignified look on your face when you're pushing for Age 75 in a few years. Your meager wages won't allow for anything resembling a retirement.

That's funny considering XJT actually has a defined contribution plan on top of their 401k matching.;)

A bit out of the loop here. Quick question. Why concessions if branded was done and a certain # of aircraft are locked up with CO? I don't get why Xjet is in any sort of trouble.

A bit out of the loop here. Quick question. Why concessions if branded was done and a certain # of aircraft are locked up with CO? I don't get why Xjet is in any sort of trouble.

The last resort CPA that was signed with CO is not profitable without labor concessions. Even after the concessions the company will supposedly break even with the CPA and hopefully make a slight profit from the charter operation.

The last resort CPA that was signed with CO is not profitable without labor concessions. Even after the concessions the company will supposedly break even with the CPA and hopefully make a slight profit from the charter operation.

Thanks for the info. Guess the pilots were willing to let management not manage to find other avenues to be profitable. This is what you call enabling. Now when management is unwilling to manage, the pilots will bail them out. Once the cycle has started, it will not stop. This is only the beginning of the slide downhill at Xjet. Too bad and good luck.

Guess the pilots were willing to let management not manage to find other avenues to be profitable.

Well, other avenues were ventured and were not successful... both in the form of bidding for CPA's that ended up being awarded to the usual bottom feeders and trying our own branded operation. Part of the reason we ended up in this mess to begin with is due to competition from a carrier with lower operating costs (CHQ). Our costs are higher than that of our competitors, and part of that is due to the fact that we have a better pilot contract. It is what it is...

Part of the reason we ended up in this mess to begin with is due to competition from a carrier with lower operating costs (CHQ). Our costs are higher than that of our competitors, and part of that is due to the fact that we have a better pilot contract. It is what it is...

I have a hard time believing pilot contracts solely dictate contracts. I don't know how CHQ operates, but if they serve Delta, AA, UsAir, CO, and now Midwest at a certain city, don't all employees work all of those flights (outstation scenario)? It would seem they could do it cheaper due to one station manager and employees to cover up to four airlines worth of flights. Much more efficient.

I am surprised by this. Conex has more leverage then any other regional around when dealing with their mainline partner.

With the concessions are there any Profit Sharing, or kick backs now that I am sure your gonna make a profit with oil tumbling down.

Latest resources

Back