• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta cutting 23% of flights at CVG, mainly RJs....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“Even Atlanta – our biggest hub and the biggest airport in the world – is taking a haircut,” Cortelyou said.

They are taking something else. And they are taking it in a place that should be an exit hole.

Where in the article does it say they're cutting mainly RJs?

I guess you missed the part about Comair laying off 300 pilots and 220 stews. They are dumping planes with that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,
It sounds to me like the person you ignored had a valid point, and the stock (s) looks to be leaning that way as well. \ I'm glad to see you keep optimistic through this though. I hope you end up being right.

Almost all airline stocks are down, mostly due to high fuel. Their market caps aren't worth much, but the cash on hand says a lot. The DL/NWA combo will have around $7 billion (which includes $1 billion in revolving credit) and that will be used to try to survive this high fuel environment and outlast competitors. That is key. Others will fail eventually, and a lot of those will not come back. When only a few are left, then fares will stablize and hopefully profits will return. And we aren't really a lost cause, since foreign airlines will probably invest in us (JB and Lufthansa already did this) if we need it (AF said they would contribute up to $750 million if we had needed it for the merger).

As long as high oil affects transportation, Airline stocks probably aren't the thing to invest in. Thank Gawd Tanky Clown understands this........ Instead, everyone should be happy that the Pentagon doesn't ever over spend for the Air Force......there is NEVER any wasteful spending there---except for Hanky Tanky's payroll....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good for passengers. The CVG Comair Terminal is a customer service nightmare.

...as compared to? What leads you to that conclusion!? Have you seen the JFK Feed Lot?

The 300 number came from VP Flight Ops, DS, who's currently in a pi$$ing contest with ALPA for booting him off the seniority list. Planning guys say it'll be less than that. Hopefully, the company will offer buyouts to the seniors and COLAs to the rest who want to take a break for a while.

I guess you missed the part about Comair laying off 300 pilots and 220 stews. They are dumping planes with that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Forgive me for not reading every Delta/Comair related article, but the article you posted in THIS thread makes no mention of Comair anywhere. I don't care who's dropping what flights, you just implied by the title of your post that the press release you pasted was announcing Comair cuts specifically. I realize you just inserted your own commentary.

...as compared to? What leads you to that conclusion!? Have you seen the JFK Feed Lot?

The 300 number came from VP Flight Ops, DS, who's currently in a pi$$ing contest with ALPA for booting him off the seniority list. Planning guys say it'll be less than that. Hopefully, the company will offer buyouts to the seniors and COLAs to the rest who want to take a break for a while.
Soaper's daughter in college is smoking hot! Comair should get the hint, we kicked him out of ALPA, now they should kick him out of his job. Possibly the dumbest guy I have ever HAD to talk with.

Latest resources

Back