Cal 75/76

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DHPFLYN

What is the time frame for a newhire to even have the chance to hold 75/76 in IAH? Also wondering what most are getting in the recent classes?

Thanks alot

What is the time frame for a newhire to even have the chance to hold 75/76 in IAH? Also wondering what most are getting in the recent classes?

Thanks alot

Just talked to one of the "higher ups" today. We are currently looking at an additional b767-400 and 3 to 4 b777s. My guess it would take about 6 months to one year to hold the aircraft in IAH. I have been a IAH Captain on the B756 for about 8 months and have just started flying with some former EWR First Officers. They were up there for about one year. We are adding two London flights at the end of March. One 767-200 to LHR and one -400 to Gtw. We will probably be flying the Cle-Paris and Cle-LGW out of the Iah base.

Last edited:
Just talked to one of the "higher ups" today. We are currently looking at an additional b767-400 and 3 to 4 b777s.

Where are we getting the 767-400s from? The only other airline the operates the type is Delta and I doubt they are willing to give any up. I hope you are right about the 777s; last I heard is that hiring would be suspended indefinitely.

Where are we getting the 767-400s from? The only other airline the operates the type is Delta and I doubt they are willing to give any up. I hope you are right about the 777s; last I heard is that hiring would be suspended indefinitely.

It is a "white -400" that was not delivered to the Air Force.

Thanks for the quick answers. Are those guys biding the 75/76 and going to EWR waiting for the IAH slots? Or are they bidding the 737 IAH and moving over? Also is there a seat lock? Thanks again for all the answers.

CAL is still hiring 12-16 a week or so (unsure exact figs) but still going strong until May. CAL suspends hiring during the summer and resumes in the fall. They hire some in the summer but its a trickle.

Thanks for the quick answers. Are those guys biding the 75/76 and going to EWR waiting for the IAH slots? Or are they bidding the 737 IAH and moving over? Also is there a seat lock? Thanks again for all the answers.

No seat lock for moving up in status or pay catagory.

You can take a IAH 737 award and move to the 756 on the next bid.

I'd second the above. A buddy of mine got it after being with the company for about 6 months.

FWIW, I could not hold IAH756 for almost 14 months. Hired in '06.

That just goes to show you how dynamic it is and how things can change.

Latest resources

Back