• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The senior most member of the ASA MEC.... he has been doing ALPA work for many years.... Of course he is an ASA "lifer" as am I.... so I'm sure our opinions don't really matter to the "regionals are just stepping stone jobs" group.....

Nobody on the MEC says anything to "pacify" me...... They know better than that....

Who Joey....name names...

Which is one of many reasons why your sacred ALPO sucks the big one.

So you think there should be no representation? Or all representation should be in house, with no central or 'national'.

If so, then please explain the pros and cons of such a change?

DU....... WF will also tell you that the DAL MEC was hot to get J4Js, but that the lawsuit was a factor......

Sorry Rez.... but it did affect the way ALPA and DALPA handled things with ASA and CMR....

So you think there should be no representation? Or all representation should be in house, with no central or 'national'.

If so, then please explain the pros and cons of such a change?

..... of course one of the downsides to having an in house union is not being able to use DFR lawsuits to keep the mainline union in line......

Sorry Rez.... but it did affect the way ALPA and DALPA handled things with ASA and CMR....

Sometimes the methods aren't worth the results.... you lost something along the way Joey.... creditibility, respect, trust, reputation, integrity...

..... of course one of the downsides to having an in house union is not being able to use DFR lawsuits to keep the mainline union in line......

Something to be proud of I am sure...:rolleyes:

Sometimes the methods aren't worth the results.... you lost something along the way Joey.... creditibility, respect, trust, reputation, integrity...

...... lost with you and the mainline folks..... don't really care..... We kept our seniority in tact, and changed the way ALPA will have to deal with scope in the future..... Well worth it even if you don't respect me in the morning.......

I'll say it again...... I'm not concerned with what you think..... I am doing what I think is best...... If you don't like it or respect it...... that's tough......

Something to be proud of I am sure...:rolleyes:

Not a matter of pride...... rather a necessary evil in this dog eat dog industry....... I'll take any leverage I can get.......

I bet the Eagle pilots wish they had some DFR to hold over the APA pilots..... but they don't..... The APA is free to screw the Eagle pilots over without any DFR concerns......

He's not lying. I know of at least one current MEC member that believes what Joey is saying. I respect the guy, but I think he's off base on this. I don't think DALPA ever had any plans for J4J.

Latest resources

Back