AGE 60 passes Senate today..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're pegging the BS meter.

I work at CAL and I can promise you I've heard seniority aggression rationalized and explained away a thousand times. That's what this is: seniority aggression.

You've said it yourself: People have been working years and years past age 60. These pilots could do the same thing, couldn't they? Go fly elsewhere, for some new operation or overseas. Or what about that side business or talent you've developed for yourself? Why should these guys be able to strike from consideration the possibility they need another career? Nearly EVERY junior pilot I know has a side job.

You talk about the sugar tit????

Bullsh!t! You can't get weaned off something you've never had a taste of.

Hey you went to work in a seniorty based industry, now live with it. It's their seat and if the law says they can stay in it you need to quit whinning or move on to that second job.

The idea that they are knocking you out of income you haven't even made is BS. Try getting CAL to pay you for next month early! It reminds me of the farmer who told the IRS he lost a litter of pigs because the sow came into heat and he forgot to breed her.

Last edited:
Hey you went to work in a seniorty based industry, now live with it. It's their seat and if the law says they can stay in it you need to quit whinning or move on to that second job.

The idea that they are knocking you out of income you haven't even made is BS. Try getting CAL to pay you for next month early! It reminds me of the farmer who told the IRS he lost a litter of pigs because the sow came into heat and he forgot to breed her.

Are you the farmer or the sow in this scenario?

Are you the farmer or the sow in this scenario?

I'm the IRS agent, if you claim a loss on income you haven't made because you forgot that upgrade time is not a given fact but subject to war, famine, disease, bad weather, terrorist acts, earthquakes, floods, mid air collisions....... come on in and I'll explain the facts of life to you.

Many pilots have lost career's, lost income, lost families due to this industry. The likes of Frank Lorenzo make the money and the employees get screwed. Pilots instead of putting the blame on government polices, airline management practices, corrupt politics are as usual blaming their fellow pilots.

You want upgrade for the income, nothing wrong with that. Senior Captains want to keep their seat for the income, maybe they need it maybe they don't but their greed is no different than yours. You think they are holding you down, no the system is holding you down.

Rules change; scope changed, retirement benefits changed, regional are now taking over mainline flying. All this is making your career much less desirable granted. Whose fault is it? Pilots or politics?

Last edited:
What happens after the President vetos this bill? From what I have read the House doesn't have the votes to over turn the veto. What's next? How long will it take before this comes up again? Anyone?

Jim

Now at CAL it is time to vote the A fund away so we can focus on ourselves like they (the old fux) did.

They gave up on 1st year pay and insurance, now they are screaming poverty, lets vote that damn A fund out. I am sure we can something good in return.

Hey! Why don't YOU live with the seniority system?!

Retirement date is just as important as DOH. Mess with either date, and you're asking for trouble. If guys can't deal with a normal retirement age of 60, they aren't going to deal with 65 either.

Sure rules change, some good, some bad. We usually deal with these things equally. However: This is a planned windfall for a very few.

Hey! Why don't YOU live with the seniority system?!

Retirement date is just as important as DOH. Mess with either date, and you're asking for trouble. If guys can't deal with a normal retirement age of 60, they aren't going to deal with 65 either.

Sure rules change, some good, some bad. We usually deal with these things equally. However: This is a planned windfall for a very few.

There's no federal law that says date of hire anything, that's contractual. Age 60 is (was) a federal law and it was discriminatory. If you don't like the changes make it a contractual issue and if it's not followed then whine.

Gotta go, the age 70 rule change committee is calling.

What happens after the President vetos this bill? From what I have read the House doesn't have the votes to over turn the veto. What's next? How long will it take before this comes up again? Anyone?

Jim
Since HR 3074 is an appropriations bill for two departments, some version of it will have to pass. I think the issues the President has with this bill have nothing to do with age 65, I don't know whether it will be touched in a compromise version or if it will be deleted in an effort to streamline it to the essentials. If Age 65 doesn't make it througn the signed version, it can come up again next year just as it has for years past. I'm betting it gets passed.

Latest resources

Back