1. Easy way, Fedex. I'm not trying to seem 'cool', I'm
trying to save time.

2. Hard way, Mountain Air Cargo.
Who?
We (MAC) fly for Fedex.
Oh, you fly for Fedex.
No, we CONTRACT for Fedex.
So you fly the big planes?
No, we are like Comair is to Delta. We fly the small planes.
(repeat for 5 minutes)

If you think someone is trying to impress a Falcon
puke in an FBO, you are SADLY mistaken.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but, doesn't Fedex actually own the caravans so technically they do work for Fedex.
Yes...Fred does own the feeders aircraft we use,
and NO, the feeders pilots work for the company that pays them. They have there own operating certificates.
All the USAir guys that fly planes leased from GE don't work for GE.

I don't think they claim to work for FedEx; instead they make it very clear that they work for FedExEx (Federal Express Express) and maybe people just don't listen?

Just kidding. Not any different than all the USAirways Express guys (Chautauqua, PSA, etc) saying they work for USAirways, or Eagle guys saying they fly for American. C'mon, let them enjoy their ‘upgrade’ will ya?

You are way too cheerful for 3 am.

Jeeze, you ******************************bags REALLY need to get over
yourselves. NO ONE claims to fly for Fedex to sound
cool or get laid. so GTFOI.

I work for MAC, if someone asks me who I work for
there are 2 answers:

1. Easy way, Fedex. I'm not trying to seem 'cool', I'm
trying to save time.

2. Hard way, Mountain Air Cargo.
Who?
We (MAC) fly for Fedex.
Oh, you fly for Fedex.
No, we CONTRACT for Fedex.
So you fly the big planes?
No, we are like Comair is to Delta. We fly the small planes.
(repeat for 5 minutes)

If you think someone is trying to impress a Falcon
puke in an FBO, you are SADLY mistaken.

no but he was acting like a mofo big shot scumbucket cause he thought i was a line guy, then tried to ride my nuts when he found out i was a pilot. i dont care who owns the airplanes they do not work for what all pilots know to be "fedex". he doesnt make the big bucks and he doesnt fly the heavy iron.

They may not fly for fredex, but it is a opportunity to get to know people at fredex in operations and management that could pay dividends down the road. Fredex is one company that if you do not have connections that are very good they will care very little about what type of jet time you may have had anywhere else.

Friendly neighborhood fredex feeder pilot and fredex employee.

This may be rumor, but I thought FED EX didn't like hiring the feeder guys for some reason. Conflict of interest or something?

This may be rumor, but I thought FED EX didn't like hiring the feeder guys for some reason. Conflict of interest or something?

That's no rumor...in fact, flying for a FedEX feeder is one sure way to hurt your chances of getting a job at FedEX.
It's due to their past contract negotiations. When the pilot's union was pushing for more money and better contracts, the FedEX feeder guys kept flying for severely reduced pay and benefits.
That ticked off a lot of the union guys.

CrimsonEclipse,
Nobody buys that convenience excuse either. Here's how your conversations should go:
"Who do you fly for?"
I fly for MAC?
"What do they do?"
We fly cargo.

The End!
Don't lie to everybody here and tell us you're not trying to sound cooler than you actually are.

Then you won't sound like a total idiot and all the pilots and line guys you meet won't laugh at you behind your back.

Last edited:
There are tool bags everywhere.
You ran into ONE of them.
You are spouting off like they all are.

And, as for the gentleman who said he flew falcons for Fedex. Maybe he did. That is what Fedex started with.

And, as for the gentleman who said he flew falcons for Fedex. Maybe he did. That is what Fedex started with.

Go back and read that post again...that's not what the guy said. He said the guy flies Caravan's for a FedEX feeder and the guy told him Falcons are the type of airplane FedEX started out with (not the kind he flew). He never flew the Falcons, he was still flying the Caravan.

Latest resources

Back