Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
SO....

Now its George Bushs fault and Netjet pilots should start out at 40K huh?

Thats some of the dumbest $hit I read here yet!

He's right on about the disparity between the wealthy and the poor in this country.. The middle class is going bye-bye!!

FAcFriend said:
family guy et al

Lets face it a college education and trained pilot should not start out at 27k. A college educated engineer does not start out at 27k. And we all know there are perks here like per diem, but the bottom rung has to be 40k starting out given the current schedule whatever the heck that is.

So pilots- here is my post. I AM AN outsider. I HAVE read alot. I AM NOT A MNGT TROLL. I have done alot of analysis. I have spoken to alot of you on both sides.

I am going to write my article now.

Why do think it is the case that a college educated engineer does not start out at 27K while a college educated and trained pilot does?

Have you read anything that might answer that question?

Good Luck

Hopefully, if a strike takes place your fellow aviators will support you and not fill your seats, I for one will respect your line.

The example is not exactly valid.

A good friend of mine has a son who graduated as an engineer and math major a year ago and has yet to find work. There are plenty of colege grads that are having trouble finding any work let alone work related to their chosen field.

College grads starting in retail and other businesses may well start in the twenty something/.

A few years ago, anyone who could do computer graphics could demand big money but now that has leveled with so many doing it.

A college degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane. School teachers have to have college degrees, except North Carolina, and they start at 27K or less in most states. My nephew has a college degree in economics, started at GE credit, 22K per year. NJ F/O is an entry level position and in line with with starting at jobs with and without college degrees.

NJ F/O is an entry level position and in line with with starting at jobs with and without college degrees.

I would argue that Flight instructing is an entry level job as that is usually the only job most can get graduating college. Not many graduating with 2500 hrs.

The 1st Post by Family guy ever on Flight info....

Most bystanders already have a good idea what's going on after reading the ramblings and idle threats from yourself, NetJetWife, and others on this board. After reading through all this its readily apparent why unions have been declining in the US for over 30 years.

You judge for yourselves.

FG is having a case of plausible identity.

Perhaps more pilots can remind him why he is such a piece of scum in our eyes?

There are over 20 pages of abbreviated posts still on record with this Anti-Union drivel in it.

At least he is consistent... but so are toads.

FG characterized my posts as "ramblings and idle threats" but it must be noted that 93% of the NJ pilots voted to strike for a contract with fair work rules and professional wages... and the rest is history. All I did was participate in the discussions of that time. My observations were based on following the situation closely and talking over the issues with my very involved husband and other NJ pilot friends and their wives.

My goal remains the same--a civil online conversation of the issues facing frac pilots and their families. I have yet to read any posts by the anti-union board members detailing a better way to gain a fair written contract offering a professional compensation package.

FlyLow22, I am also consistent but I leave the hopping and slimy green look to others....;)

You judge for yourselves.

FG is having a case of plausible identity.

Perhaps more pilots can remind him why he is such a piece of scum in our eyes?

There are over 20 pages of abbreviated posts still on record with this Anti-Union drivel in it.

At least he is consistent... but so are toads.

Do you feel this way about everyone who dislikes unions, or just FG?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back