Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry if this gets long.

So I'm deadheading on an originator one morning and this mom get on with 4 kids. 3 walking and one in a car seat, year and a half, maybe. It started out cutely enough until after we got going teh kids kicked it in to high gear. Let me back up for a second a describe mom. This was one of those people that once was a woman. You know, with thoughts and dreams maybe a little ambition even, but at some point here sole reason for existance became "moming". Mom-length khaki shorts, keds, you get the pitcure. She was completely oblivious to the world around her and probably on all kinds of anti-depressnants....I digress.

So it starts off with the predictable desire for the kids to move to an empty row and be independent, 2 of them did just that. No sweat.....until they realize that the tray table is there. What fun....why not use it like a drum set? I mean, it is just sitting there not making any appreciable noise. To the delight of the business traveller strapped to the seat attached to the table the little demons did just that. After repeated glares at the mominator he just gave up and went back to trying to read his Wall Street J. Forget trying to catch a pre-dawn nap. Well this went on for some time.

Meanwhile, one row behind MOMBOT 4002, the kid in the car seat, who had been quiet as a mouse to this point, obviously required some funning. So, to that noble end the MOMBOT started to do the "I got your leg" game that I sometimes do with my dog. The kid loved this. "Bwahahaha"ing wildly every time mom clutched it's leg from the seat in front of him. We'll quickly check in on the little charlie watts/buddy rich duo and they're doing swell. Pounding away.

After the car-seat monster had been sufficiently riled he realized that it was obviously "MARCO-POLO" time!!! Lucky us! So he blurted "MARCO!!" and can anyone guess what mom said? YES!!!! She aptly replied "polo" Joy of joys we got to listen to that and other pleasant exchanges all the way to wherever we were going. I was in uniform and in retrospect I should have said something, but I think I was afraid of getting mothered. I may have ended up on a teet if I had gotten too close.

To bad there wasn't an FFDO or a Sky Marshall on the flight, he could have taken care of the little terrorist.

There's a reason that FAs can't be FFDOs. I could envision daily reports of unruly passengers being pistol whipped.

Come to think of it, maybe that would be a good idea........:smash:

This was one of those people that once was a woman. You know, with thoughts and dreams maybe a little ambition even, but at some point here sole reason for existance became "moming".

Hmmm. Cite an example of something more womanly than being a mother. I can't believe I just asked that question on FI...

If they would have spanked the kid, someone would have them kicked off and arrested anyway for child abuse.

I agree with what da Tranny did.....you need to control your kids, HOWEVER I agree with this statement.

This was one of those people that once was a woman. You know, with thoughts and dreams maybe a little ambition even, but at some point here sole reason for existance became "moming". Mom-length khaki shorts, keds, you get the pitcure. She was completely oblivious to the world around her and probably on all kinds of anti-depressnants....I digress.

LOL! That just makes me cringe. Why would anyone want to become that? It's kind of sad actually.

Hmmm. Cite an example of something more womanly than being a mother. I can't believe I just asked that question on FI...

Having ambitions, motivations, hopes and dreams beyond just "wanting to be a mom"....ugh....you know there is more to life than having kids.....A LOT more to life.

Latest resources

Back