• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
any new updates on the recalls? It seems that it has been some time since the last class was announced. Have they reached the bottom of the list yet?

Hey Dude, Gear down. Opinions are great, don't lose track of reality.

Gramps, REALITY is that there are plenty of ON TOPIC threads where you can post this flamebait to me. You chose to post on a thread where it's OFF TOPIC.

But to help make it ON TOPIC, let's tie the two concepts together. What would be the effect on recalls if age 60 changed to 65 (an equally arbitrary number)? Anyone, anyone, Gramps, anyone?
REALITY is that furloughees would be getting screwed by any change.

Now, how about you post this flamebait on a different thread? Or have your cognitive abilities deteriorated to the point where you are unable to comprehend this thread's title, "Latest on UAL Recalls" and all of the previous posts which were related to UAL furloughees returning to United?

REALITY is that you're posting this flamebait on the wrong thread.

any new updates on the recalls? It seems that it has been some time since the last class was announced. Have they reached the bottom of the list yet?

I haven't seen any news in a while. The last I had seen was that #8655, junior man on the seniority list, would be offered recall for a late Feb/early Mar class.
With the rumors of a CAL/UAL merge, I've seen rumblings that some previous bypassers may try to get into the next available class for fear of losing seniority on an integrated list. This would slow down recall slightly, but should have no overall effect on when United starts hiring off the street.

Here is a question that I can't seem to get answered. Is United going to honor those people that were hired and put into the hiring pool. Perhaps a small interview or just an update and into a class. I have heard rumors of something like this over at a different airline that will be hiring soon. It would be nice to get an answer. Does anyone know a person at United that would know?

Here is a question that I can't seem to get answered. Is United going to honor those people that were hired and put into the hiring pool. Perhaps a small interview or just an update and into a class. I have heard rumors of something like this over at a different airline that will be hiring soon. It would be nice to get an answer. Does anyone know a person at United that would know?

You may want to track down Roger Veseley and ask him. He was in charge of hiring when the music stopped. I don't have his number, but I spoke to him on another issue ~ a year ago. Great guy. He's in Denver somewhere still working for United.

I haven't seen any news in a while. The last I had seen was that #8655, junior man on the seniority list, would be offered recall for a late Feb/early Mar class.
With the rumors of a CAL/UAL merge, I've seen rumblings that some previous bypassers may try to get into the next available class for fear of losing seniority on an integrated list. This would slow down recall slightly, but should have no overall effect on when United starts hiring off the street.

Andy, If a previous bypass calls now before the Jan 22 and Feb 5 class, do they jump in from of the people who've been called for those classes? Or are they just in the que for the next class following Feb 5? Their entry into the current classes would juggle what equipment junior furloughees are assigned.

Andy, If a previous bypass calls now before the Jan 22 and Feb 5 class, do they jump in from of the people who've been called for those classes? Or are they just in the que for the next class following Feb 5? Their entry into the current classes would juggle what equipment junior furloughees are assigned.

In the que for the next class. I tried to get into the Dec class, but was told that it was full. I'm now in the 22 Jan class; will be going on mil leave.

Latest resources

Back