Mountain Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

steve3137

Anybody have any new inforation on them. Are they hiring, what are mins for FO's, and are the mins really strict example more multi then required but less total time, and how is pay. Would appreciate any info.

Yeah, great company to work for, you will always have weekends off and will have the best lifestyle if you live where an airplane does. they are not too picky on mins... i know several people that got hired there with under 100 multi with flight instructor backgrounds, hired into right seat ATR. Search the forum here for info... i'm pretty sure all of it has been covered in the past. Really an easy job, not much flying if you are time building however... most runs are 4 times a week and simply out and backs and legs are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hrs.
As far as pay, its all on airline pilot central.... first year fo is 25k 27k for second year salary. If you float you will have no life, but you will make 27 a day perdiem plus travel pay of 10/hr.

Yeah, great company to work for, you will always have weekends off and will have the best lifestyle if you live where an airplane does. they are not too picky on mins... i know several people that got hired there with under 100 multi with flight instructor backgrounds, hired into right seat ATR. Search the forum here for info... i'm pretty sure all of it has been covered in the past. Really an easy job, not much flying if you are time building however... most runs are 4 times a week and simply out and backs and legs are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hrs.
As far as pay, its all on airline pilot central.... first year fo is 25k 27k for second year salary. If you float you will have no life, but you will make 27 a day perdiem plus travel pay of 10/hr.

How soon can you get a permanent base? How long do upgrades take?

depends on what is open... i'm pretty sure you could get memphis whenever you wanted it... if you can stand memphis or happen to have family from there or something you would have the life.... the runs there all take freight out after the sort and come home empty so there is no frieght to wait for before you can go home.... which means you get to show up for work at midnight or a little later in some cases and are home by 5 am or so... and you do that only monday night through friday morning.... so basically you get salary (albeit not the best) and still have time to work a part time job if you are ambitious enough.... some of the guys, mechanics actually work for fedex throwing boxes during the day..
Other bases tho are harder to come by unless someone leaves. you will more than likely float out of your home town for a while until bases open.
Upgrade times are random as hell... i personally would not make a life of it.... or wait till you upgrade then try to move on onless all you want to do is haul freight the rest of your life... the normal route you take there is atr (f27) fo then caravan pic then captain... just watch out for the comfort trap... once you get in the van you will make way more than any fo salary at any other company that you are competitive for and you will really never want to leave financially... but you will only be logging single engine pic (practically worthless) at a rate of like 250 hours a year.
If you wait at that point to get into the captain atr you might be 30 or so... and next thing you know u've become a lifer.... (not that there's anything wrong with that... )

Ummm... why dont you go to the source??

do you think someone on here will say yes and tell you are hired??? do the online application, send your resume and give a follow up call. like all the other people actively seeking a job do. Last i heard they were desperately looking for pilots... both atr fo's and van captains

not sure on the van mins... fedex seems to be really strict about the hour requirements for their feeder vans.... i blieve it to be 2000 pic or so

just watch out for the comfort trap... once you get in the van you will make way more than any fo salary at any other company that you are competitive for and you will really never want to leave financially... but you will only be logging single engine pic (practically worthless) at a rate of like 250 hours a year.

Comfort trap is right... van lifestyle is great... and van time is not useless... pt6 is turbine time and can get you insurance mins at several places.

MAC was good to me and I enjoyed being there... send in the app and see what they say.

value of PT6 single engine time is a function of your career goals i suppose...

Regardless of its value, its not acquired at any astonishing rate working for the feeders...

Does MAC have CASS or any Jumpseat agreements? I remember reading on here about 6 months ago that one of the feeders was working on it but couldn't remember if it was MAC or Empire.

Latest resources

Back