New Hire at Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1 Rotate

I have a friend who just called for an October class date. He wants to know what do new-hires do for living arrangements? Per-diem? Etc....anything that he would need to know about ahead of time. Thanks.

Check out the Quality Inn and Suites near the training center. They give AirTran employees (and soon to be employees) a $35 rate. Plan on staying there for a few nights until you can hook up with an appropriate crash pad. I found one the third day of class where I have my own bed in a two bed room (where the other guy might stay one night a month), wireless, cable, nearby access to grocery stores, bars, and hotels that let you use their vans to get to the airport. $190 a month. I'll stay there at least until I get to bid a line, then I'll probably do the hotel thing.

The Quality Inn is a dump.

Check out the brand new Clarion right next door. I stay there when needed for training/commuting. It's a few bucks more than the low Quality Inn but well worth it. 404-768-9199

The Quality Inn is a dump.

Check out the brand new Clarion right next door. I stay there when needed for training/commuting. It's a few bucks more than the low Quality Inn but well worth it. 404-768-9199

Well, the Howard Johnson's is a true dump. As long as you get the third floor at the Quality the rooms are OK with indoor entries. The Clarion IS nice, but they're getting $38 a night and seem to sell out for FL folks a lot (got shot down last Tuesday). I'm in a flop house pad now, and have a place to store my beer over the long haul.

Latest resources

Back