Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Garmin sneaking out updated 9.31 versions for G3X touch experimental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Neal

Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
I was checking for updates as it's been a while and noticed the release date for the Garmin G3X Touch (experimental) was this month. This update, 9.31, has been out for at least 6 months. I posted the release of 9.31 on this site early Sept of last year.

g3x-931.jpg

If you download the ZIP archive (non Windows Installer), all the internal files have not been updated. So any changes must just be to the Windows Installer and not to the firmware…

Open folder Documents.png

I was checking for updates as it's been a while and noticed the release date for the Garmin G3X Touch (experimental) was this month. This update, 9.31, has been out for at least 6 months. I posted the release of 9.31 on this site early Sept of last year.

View attachment 316

I'm curious if this address the issue with the update and audio issues? I think I'll put on my list to call Garmin and see if that is the case.

I'm curious if this address the issue with the update and audio issues? I think I'll put on my list to call Garmin and see if that is the case.
Have you seen the thread over on the Cub Crafters forum where it appears that the audio wiring to the 245R is not as per Garmin’s recommendation and that there is a simple long-term hardware fix?

Have you seen the thread over on the Cub Crafters forum where it appears that the audio wiring to the 245R is not as per Garmin’s recommendation and that there is a simple long-term hardware fix?
Yes, I have seen the thread and also talked to Pete about it as have others. They are still determining the severity of the issue, who's affected, and where to go from here. So far and as far as I know everything in mine (wired early to mid 2023) is good. But I think the test will be moving beyond 9.31 and see what happens. Maybe we'll get an update from CubCrafters when they start updating to 9.33.

Latest resources

Back