G3X Power line Obstacles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kyflyer

I thought I would pass along info I received from Garmin regarding the G3X data packages.

I noticed the Heli package includes power line obstacles. Garmin confirmed this package can be installed in fixed wing aircraft and includes power line obstacles down to 25 feet, an expanded private strip database, but does not include VFR/IFR Charts(sectional).

I placed a request with the product team to make the power line obstacles and private strip information available as an optional update for those of us that spend a lot of time under 1,000 AGL as I hate to lose the charts.

Had anyone installed the Heli version into your fixed wing aircraft? I would love to hear your opinion.

I would love to have power lines down to 25 feet! Who do I talk to to get my 2cents in? Seems the crop duster community would like that, in addition to people such as us ;)

I would suggest going to fly Garmin.com and go to support to send an email. I waited 45 mins to talk to someone.

Have you guys seen this? ForeFlight latest release 16.3.

Powerlines on Basemap​

Plan and fly with global power line depictions on ForeFlight's high-resolution Basemap for enhanced hazard awareness. Power lines are depicted on the map in a distinct maroon color, presented as lines with hash marks for easy identification.

Yes - they now appear in Southern Ontario, Canada and they appear in the correct places for the few flights that I have been on recently.

Latest resources

Back