• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You'll be moved...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't get me wrong here, it is seniority. If everyone puts in a standing bid without a "team", everyone has bid in seniority order. I'm agreeing with imiss. I actually think he has found a solution.

My take on the red label is since you can't get 100% to not bid it, everyone should bid it. But DO NOT "pick a team". RH said it would go in seniority order, so hold him to it. 100% bid and seniority order. That's why you see my name with no "team" on that list. You will note that I'm way TF down the list and unaffiliated, so I don't ever expect to see it. But everyone should have a bid in for every slot in this company. The most junior guy should have a standing bid for every position in order of preference.

Don't get me wrong here, it is seniority. If everyone puts in a standing bid without a "team", everyone has bid in seniority order. I'm agreeing with imiss. I actually think he has found a solution.

If you are part of the Flexjet PLC and you are bidding for Red Label when the official position is telling people not to, then you sir are part of the problem. If the union PLC wants to make the recommendation for everyone to bid it, then make it official, don't just use your own twisted logic to support your selfish desires. You can't have it both ways, and I would have to agree with Imissmypilot, that the hypocracy of saying one thing, while doing another will hurt the cause. What's it gonna be?

This is ridiculous. Putting your bid in only gets you a interview! they still pick and choose who they want..THAT IS NOT SENIORITY! That's playing right into KR hands. If you are gonna do that just become a turncoat and be done with it

This is ridiculous. Putting your bid in only gets you a interview! they still pick and choose who they want..THAT IS NOT SENIORITY! That's playing right into KR hands. If you are gonna do that just become a turncoat and be done with it

I think many aren't understanding the difference between Red Label Domestic and International. RL Domestic is comprised of CL350s and Legacy 450/500s. It does not require an interview. Have there been a few cases of awards out of seniority? YES. Does that mean no one bids Red Label Domestic and hands all the positions to the transfer pilots, NO. Unfortunately there are also many out of seniority pilots in Red Label Domestic because they filled positions and promised planes to groups before setting the current rules and pay for the program. Earmarking tail numbers to groups that are many months away is BS by the way.

Red Label International is comprised of Gulfstreams and Globals. This program you must interview if they decide to call you. Many of us feel we have already interviewed 1-2 decades ago, with excellent records over the time employed. The interview is a scam to only put Flight Options transfer FOKs and wanna be Flexjet FOKs in the fleet. We have many junior pilots, some who can't even hold a captain position in the small cabin fleets, in Red Label International as G captains. Seniority means nothing in this program and it's full of IGMs who would step over their own mothers to get ahead. When any one sees one of these pilots in the FBO, you now know the type of character you're dealing with.

Red Label Domestic sort of honors seniority and Red Label International does not. The funny thing is Red Label Domestic pays significantly more than those in the Gulfstreams and Globals. Both programs are BS and a marketing ploy. There is no need not to honor seniority without an interview for either program. Red Label Domestic started out identical to Red Label International until the Flexjet pilots had a coronary. The company then decided not to piss off the entire pilot group yet and added some loose seniority rules to it. Why these same pilots aren't having the same coronary about Red Label international is beyond me. Don't think for a second that without a union Red Label Domestic would also require an interview and seniority would not apply. Don't believe me? Read Section 7 of the company's proposed ICBA. It specifically separates and protects Red Label pilots from seniority rules, and bumping rights while hanging all non Red Label pilots out to dry in the event of fleet retirements and furlough.

Still think a union isn't needed, or is it you don't have the courage to be a man put your foot down and say enough is enough?

I am tired of the seniority bull******************** argument smokescreen that any part of this program has ever been or is currently run with seniority or transparency in mind. Whenever you have pilots flying as captains who would be FOs on other fleets or you have high seniority captains on the waiting list get continually passed over because of the team concept.

Something needs to change. My suggestion is take away the divisive power of the list by basically making it meaningless. However, it's not fraught with its own set of new issues it will create.

But that is a patch that NEVER should have had to be employed. I consider it absolutely unconscionable leadership is allowed to remain in these positions without consequence. Do I have to print out an A to B to C road map for you that directly implicates Red Label with the furloughs? This is utterly ridiculous to continue to ignore this issue.

Additionally, this benefits the Options guys. Come integration, most of those seats get rightfully reshuffled in your favor and until then BYPASS PAY! You'll get your pound of flesh when you force back one of the now too-fat-cats back to ghetto otherwise known as the Lear 45.

It's time to start playing smarter than Ricci.

If you are part of the Flexjet PLC and you are bidding for Red Label when the official position is telling people not to, then you sir are part of the problem. If the union PLC wants to make the recommendation for everyone to bid it, then make it official, don't just use your own twisted logic to support your selfish desires. You can't have it both ways, and I would have to agree with Imissmypilot, that the hypocracy of saying one thing, while doing another will hurt the cause. What's it gonna be?

I think I did not express myself well. My opinion is everyone bidding would either nullify the red label scheme, or more likely, cause management to renege on their seniority claim. Clear now?

Red Label - Plane Crewing

So I recently had a lengthy conversation with my former FLOPs/FX sales rep as he is trying to persuade me to return. I ask him what happens with the crew on single plane crewing when a plane goes into unscheduled and scheduled maintenance. Regarding unscheduled maintenance he said (1) the planes won't need much unscheduled maintenance because since it is a single crew plane they have found that the pilots will take much better care of the plane, and (2) if the plane does required unscheduled maintenance that the crew who was supposed to be flying it for the down days will just be put on vacation. I asked if these days would count against vacation days and he said yes - then I said that would not make them happy. He said it would be more incentive to keep the planes flying and in great shape.Regarding scheduled maintenance, it would just cause some crews to be on "scheduled vacation" at the same time, no necessarily when the crew wants to take their vacation. I said who would want that -- he said they are confident it will work out.

So I recently had a lengthy conversation with my former FLOPs/FX sales rep as he is trying to persuade me to return. I ask him what happens with the crew on single plane crewing when a plane goes into unscheduled and scheduled maintenance. Regarding unscheduled maintenance he said (1) the planes won't need much unscheduled maintenance because since it is a single crew plane they have found that the pilots will take much better care of the plane, and (2) if the plane does required unscheduled maintenance that the crew who was supposed to be flying it for the down days will just be put on vacation. I asked if these days would count against vacation days and he said yes - then I said that would not make them happy. He said it would be more incentive to keep the planes flying and in great shape.Regarding scheduled maintenance, it would just cause some crews to be on "scheduled vacation" at the same time, no necessarily when the crew wants to take their vacation. I said who would want that -- he said they are confident it will work out.

So I guess these crews have the ability to keep crossfeed valves and fuel valves in tip-top-shape.........
Bird Strike........
crew: did we really hit a bird, the plane will be down for at least 2 days to borescope the motor.....
copilot: I cant afford that I don't have enough vacation left.

Thank God for the union we do have, is all I have to say.

Last edited:

You've been around this business a long time, do you really think a sales rep has accurate information when it comes to pilot vacations? They may have meant well, or been fed bad information from either management or other sales reps. I know a few G and Global guys and am quite positive they aren't charged PTO, there is no separate "vacation" time anymore, when the airplane is down for mx.

Now, there was a case awhile back where Constant Aviation damaged a G4 during routine mx (good call on that one DAC), and there was a question about whether the extra down time would impact the crew's aircraft availability portion of their bonus. To be honest I never heard what the resolution was, but I have yet to hear any gripes from those guys when it comes to pay/benefits.

Remember, they're the chosen few, the FOKs. The company is supposed to take care of them and hose the rest of us!

What the sales team does have a pretty good idea about, in general, is management's wishful thinking.

So if a salesman said it, it's a pretty good bet someone on high somewhere, told him what their vision of the perfect program looks like.

And that should scare the auschwitz pants right off of you.

On some level you know Kenn is just looking for a way to be able to have us sleep on the planes. Rules and safety are a pesky nuisance to people like him. If you don't think he'd love the threat of forced pto to keep those planes running, fit or not, you've been sleeping for 3 years.

Latest resources

Back