• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT pay concessions pass easily

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
maybe so, but by this vote your group has redefined what industry leading is. you've done a disservice to other groups still in negotiations looking to reach the point at which you USED to be. when your management comes to you asking for more, and they will, will you vote to lower the bar again? i guess it doesn't matter since you're still the "industry leader" and all.

Like I said already earlier on this thread, how would letting the leading contract in the regional segment disappear not perpetuate the problem of lowering the bar as a lower costing pilot contract would take over the flying. This way, the industry leading contract is preserved despite the LOA.

Our MEC chairman said that other regional MEC chairman thought the TA would be worse and that this TA wouldn't hurt their negotiations. Until someone actually matches the current XJT contract, that will be true. But I hope many are able to at least match it though.

And like I said earlier on this thread, I doubt management will be asking for more because they will probably just file for BK first.

All of these clowns that are bitching about the Express group taking this cut.... Most of you likely work for bottom feeders and were hoping they would vote it down, leading to more problems for XJT, which in turn helps your sorry ass employers.
Just another way to get more flying. I don't really care how the vote turned out. 2 of of 3 pilots at XJT were voting for their future, not the rest of you cry babies. Hell, that turn out is better than the Great Obama's turn out.

maybe so, but by this vote your group has redefined what industry leading is. you've done a disservice to other groups still in negotiations looking to reach the point at which you USED to be. when your management comes to you asking for more, and they will, will you vote to lower the bar again? i guess it doesn't matter since you're still the "industry leader" and all.

I wonder how Mesa's new TA - that was negotiated before XJT's concessions - will compare. I would be willing to bet that it won't even be close. If it is, then good for them - but I'm not holding my breath.

We can't be expected to carry the torch forever - we need someone to better us. Everyone has had four years to do it, yet noone has been able to back us up.

Alpa

What is ALPA doing? Why are we fighting? Are we a Union or not? Explain, please! I don't get it. I just don't get it. Why should we not blame ALPA for this mess we are all in together? Why do we blame each other in the same union?

What is ALPA doing? Why are we fighting? Are we a Union or not? Explain, please! I don't get it. I just don't get it. Why should we not blame ALPA for this mess we are all in together? Why do we blame each other in the same union?

Logic will not be tolerated NEWSOUTH.....You must blindly follow your union of the cliff.....Now put on your ALPA lanyard and pin....read your ALPA magazine....and trust Herndon to make things right.......;)

On a serious note....You are 100% correct....I'm glad to see more people start to question their union.....Keep it up.....

ALPA has not done anything to stop this, they have only exacerbated the situation by allowing scope on larger aircraft and letting two different ALPA groups fly the same aircraft for 2 very different rates (XJT-MESA). One list, one payrate equals one real union. Easier said than done I know......

Logic will not be tolerated NEWSOUTH.....You must blindly follow your union of the cliff.....Now put on your ALPA lanyard and pin....read your ALPA magazine....and trust Herndon to make things right.......;)

On a serious note....You are 100% correct....I'm glad to see more people start to question their union.....Keep it up.....

This is how it should've been worded:
Logic will not be tolerated NEWSOUTH....You must blindly follow Skywest mgmt of (sic) the cliff....Now put on your Skywest lanyard and pin....read your Skywest mgmt propoganda release....and trust Jerry to make things right....

You make it sound as if ALPA wanted all the concessions, bankruptcies, business failures, furloughs, downgrades, etc. There just isn't much if any leverage any union has right now. ALPA is trying to put the genie back in the bottle with the Fee for Departure Task Force and the single seniority list protocol though.

ALPA is trying to put the genie back in the bottle with the Fee for Departure Task Force and the single seniority list protocol though.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The first ALPA scope committee formed back in 1995....They have accomplished nothing in 13 years...

The single seniority list movement is nothing more than scared United pilots looking to not have to start over again at the bottom.....They want "career benchmarks"....ie regional time doesn't count for the same time.....

Forget it.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The first ALPA scope committee formed back in 1995....They have accomplished nothing in 13 years...

The single seniority list movement is nothing more than scared United pilots looking to not have to start over again at the bottom.....They want "career benchmarks"....ie regional time doesn't count for the same time.....

Forget it.....

Show me the resolution that created that committee and what its scope and mandate was. How long before it was dissolved and what was did the final report say. What did the resolution about the report that the EC pass say? The point is that that committee may have had a different mandate than the current one and its certainly mandated by different people with a different set of circumstances. The main reason why this even has any sort of push right now is because some people have seen that about a dozen contracts will reach their amendment dates in the near future. It is an opportunity to do something about it IF there is going to be anything done about it. As for career benchmarks, that was removed from the final resolution, although I may not totally disagree with your cynicism about it. But the Fee for Departure Task Force will help mitigate that anyways.

This is going to take everyone willing to sacrifice a now for the betterment in the future.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back