• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what you are doing wrong if you don't want to work much.
My month in Nov.
70 hrs. Paid for 75.

WE 02
TH 03
FR 04 A4A88 XNA
SA 05 SHV
SU 06 HSV
MO 07 ATL
TU 08
WE 09
TH 10
FR 11
SA 12 A4C13 ABY
SU 13 JAN
MO 14 HSV
TU 15 ATL
WE 16
TH 17
FR 18
SA 19
SU 20
MO 21
TU 22
WE 23 A4A38 CAE
TH 24 ABE
FR 25 CHA
SA 26 ATL
SU 27
MO 28
TU 29
WE 30

December 68hrs paid 75

TH 01
FR 02 A4193 AGS
SA 03 MEI
SU 04 ATL
MO 05
TU 06
WE 07
TH 08
FR 09
SA 10
SU 11
MO 12
TU 13
WE 14
TH 15
FR 16 A4859 CHO
SA 17 LIT
SU 18 ATL
MO 19
TU 20
WE 21 A415O CHA
TH 22 ATL
FR 23 A418O LIT
SA 24 BQK
SU 25 MGM
MO 26 ATL
TU 27
WE 28
TH 29
FR 30
SA 31

Had the first 5 days of Jan off too. In the last 100 on the airplane.

Last edited:
I don't know what you are doing wrong if you don't want to work much.
My month in Nov.
70 hrs. Paid for 75.

WE 02
TH 03
FR 04 A4A88 XNA
SA 05 SHV
SU 06 HSV
MO 07 ATL
TU 08
WE 09
TH 10
FR 11
SA 12 A4C13 ABY
SU 13 JAN
MO 14 HSV
TU 15 ATL
WE 16
TH 17
FR 18
SA 19
SU 20
MO 21
TU 22
WE 23 A4A38 CAE
TH 24 ABE
FR 25 CHA
SA 26 ATL
SU 27
MO 28
TU 29
WE 30

December 68hrs paid 75

TH 01
FR 02 A4193 AGS
SA 03 MEI
SU 04 ATL
MO 05
TU 06
WE 07
TH 08
FR 09
SA 10
SU 11
MO 12
TU 13
WE 14
TH 15
FR 16 A4859 CHO
SA 17 LIT
SU 18 ATL
MO 19
TU 20
WE 21 A415O CHA
TH 22 ATL
FR 23 A418O LIT
SA 24 BQK
SU 25 MGM
MO 26 ATL
TU 27
WE 28
TH 29
FR 30
SA 31

Had the first 5 days of Jan off too. In the last 100 on the airplane.

That's great for you, looks like you're on the 50 and the bottom of the window must have been lowered. On the 700, I too have only had to work 75 hours the last couple of months because the window was set at 75hrs. I'm fine with that. The problem is a majority of the months the bottom of the window is set somewhere between 80-89 hours and you have to build your schedule up to the minimum regardless if you're number 1 or number 200. Can't get 16-18 days off with those required hours. Use to always get 16-18 days off with regular line bidding.
Also, almost impossible to accurately bid when the adjust the window after the bid closes. I'm senior enough to cherry pick all my trips and I'd like to know what the final minimum window will be!

I have heard similar info from good sources, so this isn't Merchant making things up. Our MEC cannot figure out why XJET MEC wants this particular software at all. It's unproven, and they are pushing very harrd which should be MAJOR concern to all of us. Why why why.

Financial gain? Inside deal with management? Red herring in effort to confuse/distract hoping to keep line bidding??

My guess is someone over there has a financial interest in getting this software. Again, Joe isn't making this up, and neither is the ASA MEC.

What was it that Reagan said... "Trust but verify" Sounds good to me. If no one has anything to hide then they should have no problems.

Considering the source, they can't exactly be trusted on anything. Hence, NOTHING to verify. Seriously, would you trust ANYTHING the OP says?

I have heard similar info from good sources, so this isn't Merchant making things up. Our MEC cannot figure out why XJET MEC wants this particular software at all. It's unproven, and they are pushing very harrd which should be MAJOR concern to all of us. Why why why.

Financial gain? Inside deal with management? Red herring in effort to confuse/distract hoping to keep line bidding??

My guess is someone over there has a financial interest in getting this software. Again, Joe isn't making this up, and neither is the ASA MEC.

As was alluded to by rjacobs, too bad the people that ACTUALLY know the truth (XJT or ASA) are barred by a confidentiality agreement and ACTUALLY interjecting the FACTS of what's actually going on. It's also a shame that agreement was breached, and somebody (the OP) likes to thing they something that's going on. Or rather, what's NOT going on.

All we really have is a senior lifer that thinks he's "in the know", yet really doesn't know anything. Just likes to blow his hole on multiple message boards about things he knows NOTHING about. And in the process, spewing divisive rhetoric that idiots on here believe. As opposed to emailing their reps to out what's really going on.

The fear mongering is amazing....really. Get a clue. If you don't know any of this information already, you have nobody to blame but your own ASA MEC....ask why, why, why?

If you're legacy ASA, and want an explanation of SmartPref....PM me and I'll send it to you. Otherwise, quit spreading the uneducated fear.

Last edited:
The fear mongering is amazing....really. Get a clue. If you don't know any of this information already, you have nobody to blame but your own ASA MEC....ask why, why, why?

If you're legacy ASA, and want an explanation of SmartPref....PM me and I'll send it to you. Otherwise, quit spreading the uneducated fear.

I get the impression that the XJT MEC and company have been testing and investigating the Flica software to a higher degree and longer time than even the ASA MEC did. What is the harm in the ASA MEC spending time to investigate smartpref? One should keep in mind that prior to ASA using Flica, only GoJet was actively using it, and Virgin America signed on during the process.

It's also critical to remember that even though the vendor might be the same, the final software used is also very much tailored to the contract/work rules associated with it. Right?

Since when does the union make their own people sign a confidentiality agreement? And why is this acceptable to us? It's common practice to sign a confidentiality agreement for the company, because you will be viewing proprietary info such as CPAs or financial info, but there's nothing on the ALPA side that should warrant that.

Lots of airlines have been using FLiCA for years.

Personally, the interwebs would lead me to believe the XJT MEC is doing all this to root out the leaks in the confidentiality agreement and maybe, as a side benefit, piss off certain lifer ASA pilots.

I get the impression that the XJT MEC and company have been testing and investigating the Flica software to a higher degree and longer time than even the ASA MEC did. What is the harm in the ASA MEC spending time to investigate smartpref? One should keep in mind that prior to ASA using Flica, only GoJet was actively using it, and Virgin America signed on during the process.

It's also critical to remember that even though the vendor might be the same, the final software used is also very much tailored to the contract/work rules associated with it. Right?

The XJT scheduling committee tested literally every PBS software system out there and concluded that SmartPref had the highest potential to improve QOL out of any system out there....Flica included. It's all in an extensive report compiled by our committee.

...and yes...no matter the PBS system, it's ALL about the work rules.

All the ASA conspiracy theorists should ask their own MEC why this report hasn't been published for the CRJ side to see.

In all seriousness....if you don't know what it's about...see for yourselves. There's really nothing secretive here for all you tin foil hat types.

http://www.crewingsolutions.com/content/smartpref-preferential-bidding-system-how-it-works

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back