• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xjt CRJs at UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An $80m loan from Skyw in exchange for Asa getting the foot in the door at ual. Unfortunately we blew it because we bought xjt rather than grow ourselves and we couldn't run a dependable operation with our occ.

Who is we?

Who is we?

The Skyw/xjt company. I have no problem being a combined Asa/lxjt company. I was IAD-based and made lots of friends who are on the Erj, and unlike most of my Atl coworkers don't have anything against the erj group. In fact I appreciate the erj resilience, because if it were up to us we'd probably have a contract we r ashamed of.

But from a biz sense it would have been better for Asa to be independent and grow within United organically rather than merge with another company. That is when we started to fall apart. I think it has more to do with the size of the company exceeding the scope of our middle management's ability. But nonetheless, thats when this place took the downturn.

I now feel we should be operated separately with different cbas and lists, and bid for cpas independently. Whether that's possible with our current corporate structure, I don't know. I do know the present condition of xjt has created a positive motivation for people to move on, and no matter what happens I hope most of us are safely at another carrier.

Last edited:
An $80m loan from Skyw in exchange for Asa getting the foot in the door at ual. Unfortunately we blew it because we bought xjt rather than grow ourselves and we couldn't run a dependable operation with our occ.
ASA bought nothing.. SkyWest INC did the buying.. Matter of fact how did SkyWest INC have the money to buy ASA and XJT?

It's no secret UA wanted Skywest to do that flying and specifically not ASA. Don't ask me how the conversation went. And no need to be a smart ass.
Not being a smarts ass really. You have a lot of insider info. If UA wanted SkyWest to do it then why didn't they? And once again how did they strong arm UA?

Not being a smarts ass really. You have a lot of insider info. If UA wanted SkyWest to do it then why didn't they? And once again how did they strong arm UA?

Just relaying information from the chief pilots, and you can replace the word strong-armed with something less hostile if you'd like... And yeah you were being a smart ass.

Last edited:
Just relaying information from the chief pilots, and you can replace the word strong-armed with something less hostile if you'd like.
Why didn't SkyWest do the flying if that's what UA wanted? (Side note) chief pilots don't know squat about what happens behind closed doors...

than merge with another company. That is when we started to fall apart. I think it has more to do with the size of the company exceeding the scope of our middle management's ability. But nonetheless, thats when this place took the downturn.

Middle mgt as well as UPPER MANAGEMENT! BH is in way over his head. Part of the 'good old boy's club at SKYW I guess. If St George was serious about this mess they'd be doing something to straighten it out, and keeping BH in place isn't being totally serious. Actually surprised Delta hasn't stepped in. They've done it in the past.

Last edited:
The Skyw/xjt company. I have no problem being a combined Asa/lxjt company. I was IAD-based and made lots of friends who are on the Erj, and unlike most of my Atl coworkers don't have anything against the erj group. In fact I appreciate the erj resilience, because if it were up to us we'd probably have a contract we r ashamed of.

But from a biz sense it would have been better for Asa to be independent and grow within United organically rather than merge with another company. That is when we started to fall apart. I think it has more to do with the size of the company exceeding the scope of our middle management's ability. But nonetheless, thats when this place took the downturn.

I now feel we should be operated separately with different cbas and lists, and bid for cpas independently. Whether that's possible with our current corporate structure, I don't know. I do know the present condition of xjt has created a positive motivation for people to move on, and no matter what happens I hope most of us are safely at another carrier.

This is an idea that was presented to Inc. Three separate airlines, three separate contracts, and one master seniority list. They are not interested because it takes away their ability to suppress our wages for them to make a bit more money. And we also have an unwilling pilot group. Oh well. I don't regret anything.

There...simply...aren't... .... words to describe the fecal equivalency here...

Latest resources

Back