• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT "Best of the Best" (or not?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we have been telling them to stop spending on the warm and fuzzy stuff and focus on the operation. Now that they announce no more warm and fuzzies, we complain.

Not complaining that they take it away, but to arrange something like this, and then cancel because of "financial difficulties" is a bit much to swallow.

It goes to show that all the praise heaped on employees through various "weekly updates" really means nothing. Oh, but "thanks for all you do" anyway.

Please take away that awful All-Stars program away too. This company's award and recognition is completely out of touch. This award dinner thing has been corrupt for years. One guy gets his buddies to nominate him. Then, after he wins, he nominates those that nominated him. It is just a big circle jerk. Some of the people on that list are outstanding. But there are few I can't stand to fly with and I know I'm not the only one to think that.

They'll get rid of all that they can to try and scare us about our jobs if we don't take concessions. Why haven't CT & BH been replaced? Those two haven't done very well, esp when one of em is getting over a million dolla salary. And then SH! Why isn't that "looser" back flying the line? Oh yeah, gotta have two separate mgt groups cause that's real efficient! And how bout all those lifers working at made up jobs in th G/O cause they cant fly the line or get along with people? Huh? :angryfire :bomb:

Yep. That's the brain trust that came up with the idea of reducing costs by cutting way back on the number of aircraft spare parts we keep in inventory. I've never run an airline but I'm pretty sure a broke airplane sitting on the ground costs more than a spare part sitting on a shelf.

Well exactly. I'm pretty sure the G.O. hasn't the brainpower to calculate how much money they spend on AOG. Forget the cancellation losses: what about the extra DHDs, hotels, ground transportation, etc. that come with cheaping out on spare parts, pilot staffing, and basement-price scheduling.

The solution for them is easy: PILOT CONCESSIONS.

nope. Not gonna happen if I have anything to say about it.

Last edited:
Not complaining that they take it away, but to arrange something like this, and then cancel because of "financial difficulties" is a bit much to swallow.

It goes to show that all the praise heaped on employees through various "weekly updates" really means nothing. Oh, but "thanks for all you do" anyway.

True, the way they did it was sleezy, yet not surprising. They're probably telling the cubicle dwellers it's because the pilots are paid too much.

Last edited:
True, the way they did it was sleezy, yet not surprising. They're probably telling the cubicle dwellers it's because the pilots are paid too much.

If they can get their attention away from checking out eBay.....

Latest resources

Back