Wtf delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"what's our sequence"

Shaun, in Da Nang, Vietnam you were always number 1. That probably made you feel good. It had better, you travelled across the World for RJ SIC time! What an idiot!

Bye Bye--- General Lee

The MadDog (M88) has the wing of a DC-9. Clean speed in excess of 260kts is not uncommon for takeoff. The little wing doesn't do much better on final. The wind and especially gust factor is a big deal in trying to avoid falling out of the sky on short final. Most DAL guys started out of the M88 and I think the wind check culture crossed over to other plane types.

Delta wind checks

Would this somehow stem or relate to the Delta L1011 microburst discovery years ago? How far back do their wind checks go?

Ahhh all the communication police have arrived. Who cares what others do. Is it really messing with YOUR life in some way.

On the good side since this whole wind check and departure call stuff, I learned a few more things to say on the radio....

Phred

The MadDog (M88) has the wing of a DC-9. Clean speed in excess of 260kts is not uncommon for takeoff. The little wing doesn't do much better on final. The wind and especially gust factor is a big deal in trying to avoid falling out of the sky on short final. Most DAL guys started out of the M88 and I think the wind check culture crossed over to other plane types.

Umm ....No That's not true.

Latest resources

Back