• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Wtf delta?

BentOver

Total Time
What a great thread idea... Good job, welcome to 2002 ( or whenever the first guy started talking about wind checks and Delta..)

Mach 80

Total Time
There's a Delta pilot who likes to tell departure control that they are airborne on initial contact i.e. "Delta 123, airborne, 2,000 climbing 7,000", but give him credit, at least he doesn't say "with you" or worse yet "checking in with you" as if to let the controller he is talking to him and no one else, like some student pilot says.

Last edited:

Data

Total Time
6000+
stick a fork in it, this board is dead...
Don't worry, Jenny will be along shortly to get the response count in this thread over 20. That'll help the site for sure!

Freebrd

Total Time
Jenny really killed it didn't she with all her "substance" and "informed" postings. Way to go Jenny!

(now she'll be here for sure)

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Total Time
15000+
There's a Delta pilot who likes to tell departure control that they are airborne on initial contact i.e. "Delta 123, airborne, 2,000 climbing 7,000", but give him credit, at least he doesn't say "with you" or worse yet "checking in with you" as if to let the controller he is talking to him and no one else, like some student pilot says.

Please elaborate. Were with you...............

Last edited:

DUBLINFLYER

Total Time
It could be worse with BA on take off "Speedbird Rolling" (I bet they miss "roger and out")

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
The wind is nice and all but "how long is final today?"

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
"what's our sequence"
Shaun, in Da Nang, Vietnam you were always number 1. That probably made you feel good. It had better, you travelled across the World for RJ SIC time! What an idiot!

Bye Bye--- General Lee

Rebound

Total Time
7000+
The MadDog (M88) has the wing of a DC-9. Clean speed in excess of 260kts is not uncommon for takeoff. The little wing doesn't do much better on final. The wind and especially gust factor is a big deal in trying to avoid falling out of the sky on short final. Most DAL guys started out of the M88 and I think the wind check culture crossed over to other plane types.

J.Otto

Total Time
Delta wind checks

Would this somehow stem or relate to the Delta L1011 microburst discovery years ago? How far back do their wind checks go?

Phlintstone

Gone Fishin'
Total Time
Plenty
Ahhh all the communication police have arrived. Who cares what others do. Is it really messing with YOUR life in some way.

On the good side since this whole wind check and departure call stuff, I learned a few more things to say on the radio....

Phred

Zdriver

Total Time
The wind is nice and all but "how long is final today?"
Not every plane just falls from the sky... If final is going to be short, sum us need to configure pretty early. Helps 2 no.

xjlifer

Total Time
The MadDog (M88) has the wing of a DC-9. Clean speed in excess of 260kts is not uncommon for takeoff. The little wing doesn't do much better on final. The wind and especially gust factor is a big deal in trying to avoid falling out of the sky on short final. Most DAL guys started out of the M88 and I think the wind check culture crossed over to other plane types.
Umm ....No That's not true.