• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you do it all over again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Six years of college, two degrees, 10 years experience, two divorces... If I were given the chance to do it all over again. I wouldn't change a thing.

THATS THE FCUKN SPIRIT pullmyfinger!!!! You guys saying you wouldn't be a pilot if you had the chance to change; forgot the MAIN REASON you guys got into the industry.... GET PAID TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE..FLYING!!! AVIATION!!! Yes there are some airlines that take advantage of the pilots love for flying.... But you got to realize that the whole industry does not suck...There are greener pastures in this industry. You just cant give up finding them.

I cant stand the sight of blood, unless its my own of course, otherwise that nursing thing sounds great.

Interesting. I can't stand the sight of my own blood, yet am not bothered at all by the sight of others'.

I guess nature has a balance. (That, and I used to fly air ambulance.) :rolleyes:

C

If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have failed the eye exam at Navy OCS. That was a bad idea. I could be dropping bombs on the Taliban right now.

No ********************. If I had it to do all over again I'd have made DAMN SURE I was taking eyedrops to treat ocular hypertension before going to MFS...two points cost me a ANG pilot slot.

Started out in the airline industry on the ramp 15 years ago with a "commuter". I'm now on my third airline, third seniority list, and first wife (over 12 years now), and I wouldn't change a thing!

Yeah its not a bad job. I make decent money. Its exausting some days, feels like I havent been awake and energetic in years. Do I like the job? yeah its O.K. Its crazy boring 98% of the time, but its O.K. Would I do it again? Hell no I wouldent.

If all the Hell No's would kindly stand up and walk out of the room please (quit)....

Absolutely not. I wish I'd gone to law school.

Airplanes are fun, but you can fly an awful lot of them on your terms when you are a REAL professional and paid accordingly.

The golden days of the airlines died with TWA and they are never coming back. We're nothing more than computer babysitters and overpaid bus drivers now.

This industry has lost most of the luster that attracted us greybeards back in the 60s when we were kids. Back then if you flew for a TWA or a PanAm you were like a god. Airline pilots used to be respected and compensated accordingly. That's all gone now, and regardless of ALPA's ranting, it's never coming back.

ABSOLUTELY I WOULD. I may do a couple of things differently, but flying beats just about any other career. Those people who say they'd go to medical, or law school, are making the same mistake they made in choosing aviation. They're looking at the glamour, rather than the reality. For avery successful heart surgeon there are thousands of family practicioners struggling with the HMO's, and struggling to pay their insurance premiums. For every successful TV lawyer, there are thousands chasing traffic tickets, and personal injury cases.

I'd bet that a lot of those people are wishing they'd gone to flight school.

I had a fairly successful career. I was never layed off, never had to take a pay cut, always changed jobs at my choosing, and got offered a job with a major airline. And I am still on my first wife. But knowing now what I didn't know then, I would not do it again. I guess I just found a better way to live.

Latest resources

Back