Would you do it all over again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papps

Regardless of how you feel about flying now, would you get into aviation again if you knew what was in store? Especially if you started in the early 90's or 2001 or any other stellar stretch of aviation hiring. Yes, No, or Hell No

If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have failed the eye exam at Navy OCS. That was a bad idea. I could be dropping bombs on the Taliban right now.

******************** NO!
I can do now is try to be involved in the lives of wayward teens thinking about making the same foolish decisions I once made. We all need to do our part to make a difference.

******************** no! Are you kidding? I'd rather have my tounge stapled to the floor then do this again.

Six years of college, two degrees, 10 years experience, two divorces... If I were given the chance to do it all over again. I wouldn't change a thing.

******************** no! Are you kidding? I'd rather have my tounge stapled to the floor then do this again.
NO F___ING WAY!! I already took it one step further and bailed out. I went from being a pilot to nursing school. Say what you want but in two years I will make more than almost all regional pilots, I have slept with my wife in my bed everyday for the last 7 months. I eat out of my fridge, sit on my couch, and watch my tv everyday. I actually got on an airplane for the first time in 7 months, went on a trip and actually enjoyed it. I am even buying a house because I know where I will live for the next five years. But I do really miss sitting in a motionless machine with the autopilot on for 3 hours reading People magazine wondering what I will do when I get to Dothan. One thing I have learned is that all jobs suck, Thats why they are called jobs. So what ever job you choose you better make sure you get paid.

I'm too dumb to do anything else:) Let's be honest, this is one of the easier jobs out there. Fair amount of time off, ok pay for now... I may be overly optimistic but things are going okay (for me anyways)...so far, I'd do it again.
But come on, a question like this on this site????
All you're gonna hear is how bad aviation sucks and you should get into real estate! (I hope my spelling and punctuation was all okay)

No. I should have gotten an engineering degree. More and more lately I wish I could do something creative.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back