have Health Benefits
Vacation n sick time
seniority system

Like WORLD CLASS PILOTS???????
F@CK NO

Just when I thought the SHT couldn't get any deeper

Fully qualified.
Partially paid.

How come if it is so bad, pilots are not leaving for other jobs?

The young ones are and have been since he bought us out.

The rest of the group is compromised of IGM prostitutes who have made it work or too old/highly paid to go anywhere else before retirement with enough time to cover the loss.

That last group is who Kenn refers to as "trapped" employees. And according to his own words, his management style is to make it so miserable they either turn into w************************* themselves or forgo all reason and put the old noose around their career expectations and leave.

There are about one hundred fewer pilots at Onesky now than before the merger. So it would appear many are leaving.

There are about one hundred fewer pilots at Onesky now than before the merger.

What percentage of the total pilot group does that 100 represent ?

Oooops, didn't think to ask before the chance to edit my previous post elapsed but what percentage of the pilot group is 60+ ?

There are 650? roughly on the list today.

"The rest of the group is compromised of IGM prostitutes who have made it work or too old/highly paid to go anywhere else before retirement with enough time to cover the loss."

Well, I debated with myself about commenting on your quoted statement...and lost...so I will (and probably regret it). The previous year passed too fast and it's the first day of a new year. Feeling a bit philosophical, I guess.

I'll say it before anyone else does: I know absolutely nothing about the frax biz and its issues. However, I am qualified to address being an old guy who flew airplanes for rather a long time and tried to keep doing that without particular success.

I'm NOT trying to pick a fight but just thinking aloud. Agreement is neither expected nor required.

"IGM" means I got mine ?

I think calling the older guys "prostitutes" is a bit harsh. You understand that you TOO will wake some morning as an old guy "...too old/highly paid to go anywhere else before retirement with enough time to cover the loss." ? You can honestly acknowledge that, right ?

What will you say about yourself at that point if your fellows don't approve of your choice to stay because you have "...made it work..." ? "Prostitute" ?

My wish for you would be that you're someplace that'll have afforded you the opportunity to provide for yourself and family, to whom your first allegiance lies and that you are in fact "...too old/highly paid to go anywhere else..." or need to.

I'd hope that people you work with would not call you a "prostitute".

As Gramps said, "Ya don't know it 'til ya live it." And you will...bet the rent money on it. Happy New Year and best wishes.

Last edited:
Bafan, IGM prostitution has nothing to do with age. That is a separate issue. His reference to those too old to go somewhere else and make up the difference before retirement is not an attempt to disparage those people. Read his whole post. I'm one of those who are old enough that it would be a real pain to move on, and I take no umbrage at his comment.

Bafan, IGM prostitution has nothing to do with age. That is a separate issue. His reference to those too old to go somewhere else and make up the difference before retirement is not an attempt to disparage those people. Read his whole post. I'm one of those who are old enough that it would be a real pain to move on, and I take no umbrage at his comment.

Exactly. At Flexjet the nuance of IGM and Red Label is a special one you have to be involved in to understand.

If anything i am sticking up for the old guys who are having to slum it out in a really ********************ty situation without much recourse.

The problem is we have young guys who can recover relatively well are leaving. Good for them. The rest of us are either "trapped" or forced to sell out. We have old guys who have dedicated 15-20 years to this company before we were bought out and are getting slammed with the seniority jumping shenanigans. On the other side of the fence, same-ish situation complicated by the transfer issue.

The bottom line is this is a supremely ********************ty place to work right now unless you have no morals and put yourself and your needs above the history honored practices of seniority, honesty, safety, equality and decency.

Do I need to say it again that it is unconscionable our own union leadership partakes without apology?

Latest resources

Back