Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heywatchthis

Sky Limo Charter in FXE

Seen the add a couple of times. Anyone know any details about working for these guys? A decent charter company or the standard South Florida Charter type?

Anyone know:

Pay?
Schedule?
Benifits?
Contract?
Maintenance?
Extra's?
Crew Meals/ Perdiem?

Sky Limo Charter in FXE

A decent charter company or the standard South Florida Charter type?

Sorry man, they are just another brick in the wall down here. I used to fly with a guy that worked for them on a contract basis. Low pay and all the pain and suffering you can handle...

yea i got screwed. The DO said he would pay for my rent a car and gas if I came the next day for an interview. I drove 12 hours round trip and then when I submit the expense he emails back "I am sorry If you misunderstood me, but we don't pay for pilot interivews". What a jerk. At the end of the interview I even confirmed they would pay face to face and asked if scanned receipts via email were ok.

What is it about S. FL part 135 operators. Do they all have to be scum bag operators!

Pilots BEWARE!

I flew for them for several months. Not a career place. And keep in mind these cautious words: "Florida & Part 135."

Not all

yea i got screwed. The DO said he would pay for my rent a car and gas if I came the next day for an interview. I drove 12 hours round trip and then when I submit the expense he emails back "I am sorry If you misunderstood me, but we don't pay for pilot interivews". What a jerk. At the end of the interview I even confirmed they would pay face to face and asked if scanned receipts via email were ok.

What is it about S. FL part 135 operators. Do they all have to be scum bag operators!

Pilots BEWARE!

Not all S. Florida operators are scumbags, just most of them. The worst part is that the feds don't do anything about the scumbags

Not all S. Florida operators are scumbags, just most of them. The worst part is that the feds don't do anything about the scumbags

You hit the nail on the head.

All the dirtbag operators get a pass. Ones that have multiple crashes, certificate owners who run drugs and serve time, companies and certificate owners who blatantly break regs.........they all get away with it no problem at all.

Very wierd.

Not to mention pilots down here....they get away with murder too for some reason
I know a guy who got caught 2 times flying a jet without a type-rating, Lear 60...nothing has happened to him in 5 years so far. (and no, his co-pilot was not typed).
Or a guy that some of you may know who's been caught flying a Lear by himself a few times and they do nothing to him. FAA watched him leave the ramp and taxi out once too.
I know of a few pilots that have 3 or more DUI's in the past 8-9 years, no problem, the letter from the FAA basically says, "just don't do it again."
134.5....guys get caught all the time down here in prop planes and jets....nothing ever happens. Yet, my friend who is duddly do-right by the book and owns a 135 certificate (small piston operation) gets grilled for 4 hours by the jerk-off Customs guys in Miami over a flight that was 91, and they kept wanting him to admit it was 135. Customs finally let him go.

Kind of funny really. The FAA down here is just a bunch of morons.

Latest resources

Back