Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Word on the street about flex decertification effort...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I have had reassurances from all the carriers..." So he has been talking to United, Delta, American, UPS, Alaska, JetBlue and Spirit. And yes, if that is the case, then he is telling you this place is not a career. Rick, maybe you should worry about cancelling this last class because no one showed instead of interfering in this vote.

What are his reassurances? Anyone want to quote more of his tripe?

He is saying "the Union" is behind these threats and intimidations and don't believe a word of it.

Where is this IBT 1108 union communication I missed full of threats and intimidation? Rick loves to embellish. One is many, all day is a few minutes, everyone is two. You know I'm right!

What I do recall seeing is the half dozen or so letters of support from unions representing 100,000 plus pilots. That is what says it all right there.

The fact is no one can say exactly what will happen if this place decertifies but what everyone is saying is they know aviation is a very small community sometimes and if 100,000 pilots are being told by their unions to stand in solidarity with us or it threatens the solidity of their contracts, then yes you better pay attention and guage how that may or may not impinge your future marketability.

So RH is claiming he has friends at all of these carriers and that they are willing to turn their backs on their own rank and file pilots in favor of him and his position to decertify a Union? I have to admit I never met RH, but he really seams like a desperate person that is trying to just hold onto his job. I feel sorry for him.

I have met him and I was not impressed. I believe he is clueless as to who he is carrying water for. He will eventually get burned a second time and we will see how many of those friends will be there to help him. I bet none when they see his anti union rhetoric!

I have met him and I was not impressed. I believe he is clueless as to who he is carrying water for. He will eventually get burned a second time and we will see how many of those friends will be there to help him. I bet none when they see his anti union rhetoric!

Handschuch survived the last company loss to the union. If the union wins again, , I suspect he will be “leaving for a new job opportunity.” Maybe he can get a job from one of his “buddies” at the airlines. Or maybe he will be flying duck $h17 to China since he was so good at shoving it here.

I've been gone from Flex for a year now at an ALPA carrier. I receive the ALPA daily news e-mail every day and yesterday's e-mail contained a headline about the decert effort at Flex. Not only has ALPA, and all the other major unions sent letters of support, ALPA has seen fit to include the news in their daily e-mailer. On top of that, you'd have have to be delusional to think that a union member on the new-hire committee or interview board won't know the history of the decert effort, regardless of how it turns out. The HR folk may not be aware, but the union person will be. I've been told that it's possible that a Felxjetter may not even get an interview when their resume or application is reviewed by the interview board. All it takes is for one member, presumably the union member, of the board to say "no" to either an interview invite or a job offer. The point of this post is to convey the message that actions have consequences. It's just the way it is. Agree with it or not. Here's the article linked to in the ALPA e-mailer. https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...s-pilot-groups-urge-flexjet-pilots-keep-union

He is saying "the Union" is behind these threats and intimidations and don't believe a word of it.

Where is this IBT 1108 union communication I missed full of threats and intimidation? Rick loves to embellish. One is many, all day is a few minutes, everyone is two. You know I'm right!

What I do recall seeing is the half dozen or so letters of support from unions representing 100,000 plus pilots. That is what says it all right there.

The fact is no one can say exactly what will happen if this place decertifies but what everyone is saying is they know aviation is a very small community sometimes and if 100,000 pilots are being told by their unions to stand in solidarity with us or it threatens the solidity of their contracts, then yes you better pay attention and guage how that may or may not impinge your future marketability.

Here is what the Union is saying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkj8dzYlqI&feature=youtu.be

I've been gone from Flex for a year now at an ALPA carrier. I receive the ALPA daily news e-mail every day and yesterday's e-mail contained a headline about the decert effort at Flex. Not only has ALPA, and all the other major unions sent letters of support, ALPA has seen fit to include the news in their daily e-mailer. On top of that, you'd have have to be delusional to think that a union member on the new-hire committee or interview board won't know the history of the decert effort, regardless of how it turns out. The HR folk may not be aware, but the union person will be. I've been told that it's possible that a Felxjetter may not even get an interview when their resume or application is reviewed by the interview board. All it takes is for one member, presumably the union member, of the board to say "no" to either an interview invite or a job offer. The point of this post is to convey the message that actions have consequences. It's just the way it is. Agree with it or not. Here's the article linked to in the ALPA e-mailer. https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...s-pilot-groups-urge-flexjet-pilots-keep-union

This needs to be read by every voter. El raton, now that you realize what is at stake, you should be sharing this with everyone on the Legacy fleet.

This needs to be read by every voter. El raton, now that you realize what is at stake, you should be sharing this with everyone on the Legacy fleet.

Why would I lift a finger to help this pos union. It hasn’t done a damn thing for us. The only thing it’s done is make our lives miserable.

This is an example of how bad the 1108 has been for Flex- A moron named Phil is leading a successful decertification drive at Flexjet. If the 1108 has something to offer they wouldn’t be in the position they’re in now. Why do we have to be stuck with the worst union in the industry?

After chatting with friends who work for the airlines, it’s not the threat I thought it would be. The market drives the airlines decision to hire pilots from Flexjet.

I’m not in the Legacy, why would I share anything with them?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back