Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Word on the street about flex decertification effort...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the folks who would vote No to decertify then?

Why do you continue to pretend you are a union supporter and then reply something like this?

Absolutely the Union works to protect the best interests all pilots they represent. The proof is in the fact they are spending time and money to file a grievance on behalf of the very Red Label pilots who are working to decertify them.

The issue becomes about OTHER unions who have no duty to represent or protect Flexjet pilots and have every right to their own self protection. Those unions will simply find opportunities to give Flex pilots the cold should so they minimize the risk of anti-union cancer spreading to their ranks. It ain't rocket science so stop trying to find the gotcha clause.

I get it momo

im only throwing this out there for some thought provoking

If Jimmy Doe voted to keep the union why should he be bypassed for future job opportunities?

Some of you have been known anti-union guys for a long time. One of you even lied to my face in order to get me to help you out with an interview. I'm not the only one keeping track. Don't bother trying to make false claims at this point.

I get it momo

im only throwing this out there for some thought provoking

If Jimmy Doe voted to keep the union why should he be bypassed for future job opportunities?

The problem will be getting through to the opportunity to express your support. They simply will bypass Flexjet pilots in the early stages.

For those who served on committees or were especially string supporters I'm sure there will be some form of specific recommendation but outside of that good luck.

It sucks. But the fact remains if this an issue important to you, DO NOT LEAVE IT UP TO THE UNION TO CAMPAIGN FOR YOU! Every pilot concerned about this issue should be chatting up crewmates and FBO visitors every chance they get and explain how you don't want your career sidelined for a silly game.

Political correctness? I've never thought the union cares about political correctness. True advocacy and political correctness cannot co-exist.

I'm sure the guys in charge are smart enough to deny the existence of blacklist behavior but we all know the reality is quite different. Aa EnFeugo correctly pointed out the way it will probrably play out is the name Flexjet on your resume will be synonymous with pariah, union buster, traitor. Every major and national hiring committee contains dyed in the wool union members. Advancement recommendations at the early stage are usually always unanimous. Flexjet pilots will simply not be considered. Even if just that one guy passes on you, you're out.

If you choose to look at it as thugly that's your prerogative. But most pilots see it as neccessary. Say you're the seller for an extra piece of property that just happens to be next to your house. One applicant is a child molester and the other is not. Even if the child molester offers more, wouldn't you do everything to avoid his offer? Trust me Flexjet pilots will be looked every bit as disdainfully as the situation I just described.

There will be some who have worked on committees or are in union leadership who's individual names can and will be filtered down to those hiring committee seats on a case by case basis but for the average OneSky/Flexjet/Flight Options pilot that won't be the case.

Brutal yes but absolutely neccessary. Keep your trash outside of your kitchen and you stay free from rats.

KEEP IN MIND EVERY SINGLE PILOT'S UNION HAS SIGNALED THEIR SUPPORT VIA LETTER OR STATEMENT. EVERY SINGLE UNION.

I don't care what JW, RH or even our own Union leadership have to say about it. Right there in the fact they have all sent letters or made statements, even ALPA, is all the proof you need to see what this decertification drive means for the dismal future career prospects for almost every Flexjet pilot if it happens.

Even if you think it's unrealistic, I don't think it's a bet worth taking. Even if I never plan to leave or am too old to consider it, it's not a gamble I'm willing to take on behalf of my colleagues either.

I don't see where there's even a debate at this point.

G.G.

I guess i get confused because doesnt management hire at companies? I get lost at thr part where they would associate all of us as union busters and skip us? Doesnt make sense in a shortage.

Either youre qualified or not? Idk. I havent had issues when going through the process.

G.G.

I guess i get confused because doesnt management hire at companies? I get lost at thr part where they would associate all of us as union busters and skip us? Doesnt make sense in a shortage.

Either youre qualified or not? Idk. I havent had issues when going through the process.

By contract union pilots and union committees are part of the hiring process. The fact that you don't know that proves you are not as experienced in the process as you claim.

Shortage or not, airline jobs are extremely hard to come by. Believe what you will but you're a fool if you want to gamble the careers of 600 people on your limited skills of deduction.

FLFlyer1 don’t be so nieve to believe that Pilots at any company do not know whom does or does not support a Pilot Union and it does not matter what Pilot Group you are talking about, you share the cockpit with a fellow Pilot for just one rotation and you can bet the other Pilot knows. The point is if Flexjet Pilots as a whole decertify the 1108 that could be catastrophic for the careers of Pilots that do not intend to retire at Flexjet. Plane and Simple!

I just have to ask one question...

What in KR’s sordid past makes the Decert crowd think he will keep his promises now? I have a friend w a personal story about Ol’ Kens promises. He posted it on our MB. I will get permission from him before I post here, but every one of you on the fence need to think long and hard about the Devil your getting ready to dance with.

To my understanding, JetBlue, Alaska Netjets and even the mighty southwest are having trouble filling classes.

So FLOPS and Flex will find it particularly hard

Latest resources

Back