Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xanderman

Hello all,
Just wondering if any EJM pilots are out there and if so could you answer some questions...

I work for a large regional carrier flying RJ's but have the opportunity to relocate back home to the NW and make more money while flying the same equipment I fly now. My question is this...Let's say I get bored or don't like flying for EJM and want to move into EJA or some other division is this possible? Also what are your honest opinions about EJM? Is it a case by case basis or are they pretty much all managed the same? I must say the deal sounds very nice. I was told Company pays 100% of med/dental/vision. Is this true?

Thanks for your time
Xanderman's Dad:D

I work for EJA and not EJM....but it is my understanding that you cannot "transfer" between the two. They are seperate. I think there might even have to be some kind of delay between going from one to the other.

Not sure how accurate this is....maybe someone else can clarify it.

1900cpt

EJM Details

In answer to your question, the three seperate "divisions" of Executive Jet (EJA, EJM, and EJI) are similar in name only. It is possible to "transfer" between the companies only under very extenuating circumstances and with a letter from the CEO of the division you are transferring from. At EJM, a transfer to EJI is a carrot that management holds out to pilots that have been there for a LONG period of time (7 - 10 years) and then you get to start at the bottom of the EJI seniority list.

As for EJM, watch out! I myself just finished working out my two week notice there on Sunday. The company has a lot of potential and it is a great place to go to fly some good equipment, but the management is the worst I have ever dealt with. The deal you are offered when hired WILL change without notice. The dispatch department is well known within the company for being understaffed, overworked, and therefore overwhelmed. The training department is a joke. Consequently, there is a lot of turnover in contracts and pilots due to the unstable management structure. My advice to you is to approach a job offer from there with caution and everything spelled out in writing.

GOOD LUCK!

PS - I just heard that there is an effort at EJM to unionize due to dissatisfaction with management among the pilots. There is another thread on this site dealing with that issue.

Interesting...

Wow Mr. Lear your post sounds rather negative. Would you say strongly that I not go? What exactly do you mean things will change? Things like benefits? Things like how the operation is run at your particular outfit. I guess maybe I'm a little behind the times with this EJM stuff but my offer is solely for a corporate shuttle which has run the same for years and yes I trust the guys running the show...at least at the local levels. The D.O. is a great friend of mine. Granted he is not the "big cheese" but from what I understand EJM pretty much leaves them alone provided they are not having any trouble.
If you have serious concerns that you think I should know about please let me know. E-mail me...
Xanderman's Dad:eek:

EJM? EJA? EJI?

Hummmm....What do I know? Well...I work for EJM. Two of my best friends work for EJA and one works for EJI. I have been through the EJA and EJM interview processes. I hang out with my buds from EJA and EJI at least once a week. Who wants to know what cause i have picked everyones brain already......on facts....not opinions?

In ref to Xanderman: Is EJM a great move? Well that depends on where you work now. Getting hired by any of these companies
is a great move. All three are owned by the same group of people but because of basic "bottom line...money", there have structured all three so that they appear to be separate. All the profits still go to the same people....dont let anyone tell you different.

There is of course the union/non-union issue and the separate
interview and hiring processes. And ....a slightly diffrent pay scale
between EJA/EJM (EJI only has G's so they are non comparable)but overall we all swim in the same pool.

In ref to Learboy: You are correct about the management at EJM. There is no problem like that at EJA cause of one thing..."A NUMBER" ......protection.......Union. EJM has no numbers. It is based on the same thing that is common in any other non union company.

1. Performance: Not Good but Bad. Bad performance at any non Union Co. will hold you back and i have seen it happen many times at EJM. That is a problem. As for Good performance....well that usualy goes un-noticed. You may ask...How do you get noticed???? Well.... read the next line!

2. "The Inner Circle" Big One for non-union! If you are part of the "click" you go far.....real far! These are persons near or even involved in management. Its the "take care of us first" attitude and whatever is left....through down to the rest so it seems like there is growth.

With Unions...the "inner circles" or "clicks" can only take you so far before it is noticed. Then someone complains. If your one of the boys at EJM/EJI.......you can have anything you want.
If your not.....then management can seem rather corrupt.....for you!

3. Training: Initially in cant be a total "Joke" ....is not everyone trained by "FSI"....who by the way is owned by the same group that owns all of Net Jets! Remember..."Bottom Line"
Money stays in the the circle. Anyways...the internal training of SOP's is a joke at EJM but that also depends on where you are coming from. EJA deffinilty has a great Indoc. So...compared to them......it is a joke. But...if you come from Part 91 ops...or single pilot ops....then its great new stuff.

As for the last quetsion: Can you move lateraly. Yes...and it does not need an act of God. There have been two persons that have moved from EJM to EJA that I know of. Its a big deal only if you announce it to EJM management and your trying to break a seat lock. If its a situation that is best for you...they will not hold you back and EJA will not discourage you either.

That comes straight from Mrs. Ligget and "Griz" for you insiders.

:

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

Thanks Patch! I appreciated your honest report. I'll definitely keep all this in mind with my decision...
Xanderman's Dad

Latest resources

Back