Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
I noticed that during the last two years (prior to Sept) most of the people that were getting hired at majors from my airline were not the most senior, most experienced pilots. I get the impression that airlines see an applicant comfortable at a regional for 5 years or so and loose interest. Has anyone seen this trend at other regionals? I am taking into account that some of the most senior guys just do not want to move on.

The reason I ask is that I am slowly making my way into that group and want to know if I should make a move to a national that is hiring (Airtran or the like) to show that I am still aspiring and eager to move. Just curious.

I think if you were to look at the stats you would find that years 1-5 don't carry the satisfaction at any airline that 5 and beyond do. The people getting hired are the ones out on the field playing the game. Annd you just dont find many senior guys willing to put out the effort.

I think you should apply to a place called Midwest Express, I think they are doing some hiring....or was it firing? Hey M.H. , it's R.D. , king of the furloughed losers! Is SYX getting to ya? Drop me a line.

Latest resources

Back