Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will delta and virgin America eventually merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

With this joint venture between delta and virgin Atlantic approved and already code shared. What does this mean for delta and virgin America? If they combined that would give delta more west coast presence and a young airbus fleet.

I hope they do and that they use relative seniority. Virgin is hiring and has short upgrades, while Delta has not hired and has a long upgrade time. All factors an arbitraitor factors in. I suggest using Nicolau.

M

Last edited:
I hope they do and that they use relative seniority. Virgin is hiring and has short upgrades, while Delta has not hired and has a long upgrade time. All factors an arbitraitor factors in. I suggest using Nicolau.

M

Especially if Virgin America comes in and saves Delta financially from liquidation. Also agree since VA has almost the same fleet. If everyone agrees to the arbitration, then that award would eventually happen, because people who agree to something initially and then back out after seeing the award are total jerks and lack integrity. Sounds fantastic!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I fly boxes, you must have a medicinal marijuana card, or you need one.

why would Delta want to merge with Alaska? Alaska has no scope and Delta can sell seats via code share on Alaska. Alaska can farm out all the flying it wants to .....lets just say 100 seaters to Skywest for cheap and Delta can sell tickets on it. If they merger with Delta, Alaska pilots get pay raises and scope. wont happen.

Before IPO - No. After IPO - anything could happen.

That being said, I do not think VX has much value to any of the legacy carriers. IMHO I think a merger between VX and JetBlue would be more likely. But that is just pure speculation on my part, not based on anything I have heard.

Latest resources

Back