Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is Flex/Options/OneSky loosing so many pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GlorifiedCabbie

"Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.'
Richard Branson
Even though the seniority list hasn't been published in over a year, there is a reduction of over 127 pilots. The company can't fill a new hire class. In the last class of 6, 4 voluntarily didn't show after day 1. By my count, that makes 52 candidates that accepted class dates, and were gone by the first week. We do have several good instructors so it's not the instructors fault.

What would people have seen so early in their first-person exposure to the company that it drove them away ? Wouldn't they have had a pretty good idea of what the company is like before they accepted the job and sat down in class ? The internet knows...and tells...all things. Some of it is occasionally accurate ! :laugh:

This is not one of those times of accuracy. It is a fact that they tried to hire a pilot with no turbojet time. He was given a lot of extra sims and still washed out. But it is not accurate to say pilots are leaving training. The rumor of mass withdrawals from training is false. Ask the transfers who are in class with those new hires. I spoke directly with both BM and RK, P2P and Union Steward. That rumor is false.

doh,

I wasn't questioning the accuracy of the rumor. I just meant that an applicant can find info, perhaps accurate, on a prospective employer before quitting a current job to take another.

I'm not talking about the 1 pilot that had no jet time. What happened to the others including the 2 retired(age 65) AA pilots? I know the one through a friend. He said it basically wasn't worth it. Where else do you upgrade to Captain and go back to year 1 pay? Red Label is nothing more than a B scale scheme.

Ad in AIN targeting recruitment for Red Label pilots in the email I received today. Those who can’t see the wedge being driven should be required to undergo FDAC review.

I'm not talking about the 1 pilot that had no jet time. What happened to the others including the 2 retired(age 65) AA pilots? I know the one through a friend. He said it basically wasn't worth it. Where else do you upgrade to Captain and go back to year 1 pay? Red Label is nothing more than a B scale scheme.

I hadn’t heard about the AA pilots. They would be the most likely to see this for what it is. The slide to poverty of going back to year one pay is actually worse than a B scale. And current retirees from AA were the victims of the B scale. I don’t see them being fooled twice.

Latest resources

Back