Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who needs a FCC Restricted Radio Telephone Operator Permit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Viking

FYI
"At least one person holding an RP is required aboard stations in the maritime and aviation services when:
1) Making International Flights, Voyages, or communications.
2) Using Frequencies under 30 Mhz.
3) Using satellite ship to earth station, and
4) Operating a vessel subject to the Bridge to Bridge Act(Including domestic operations."
(FCC Form 1070Y)

The FCC webiste is located at:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/rp.html

Hey there everybody.

I am trying to apply and which one do I want from the drop down menu?

There are like 100 different options to choose from and I am not sure which one I need.

I need the FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit - which one is it? They all have 2 letter codes and any hep would be wonderful!

ILStoMinimums said:
I need the FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit - which one is it? They all have 2 letter codes and any hep would be wonderful!

Go to http://www.fcc.gov/e-file/

I filled out the online app in minutes, paid $50 by credit card and had the license in the mail in less than a week. I believe the code for the license is RR or RP.

IHF

Complete waste of $50.00 but at some point you will need it so plan ahead. Most of the carriers will want to see that you have one. Easy process and great way to donate $50.00 to such a worthy cause.:D

3 5 0

the CLE FSS recently informed me that it's no longer needed for flight's to Canada

Jmmccutc said:
the CLE FSS recently informed me that it's no longer needed for flight's to Canada

That's because Canada is about to become the 51st state...but keep it quiet....we want to suprise the guys in funny hats at the border..:D

Latest resources

Back