white shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying_Corporal said:
Can anyone recommend good quality and cheap white shirts for a uniform? Place to buy?
Thanks, FC

Get a job at UPS, they provide you with 9 shirts as a newhire and 3 new shirts each year thereafter.

FreightNazi said:
Get a job at UPS, they provide you with 9 shirts as a newhire and 3 new shirts each year thereafter.

Yeah, there's a thought! It's just as easy to get a job with UPS as it is to order shirts PLUS you don't have to pay for them! I like that idea... ;)

I second the vote for pilotshirts.com. They sell tapered shirts (a rarety) which is good for guys my size. The stop over store in MSP doesn't sell tapered shirts because they can't make any money on them. Perhaps pilots are getting fat?

Smoked Toilet said:
Shirts get shatty quick. I use the Van Heusen Aviator. $20. Wear them for four or five months, then toss em. I got mine through M&H.

Wow, big spender here. If you saved your money, maybe those nasty looking Olsen twins would go out with you.

I washed mine and used Shout for the collar. They started to fall apart after FIVE YEARS.

The van huesen for 16.50 is the best i have found. dressshirts.com....ot tallyhouniforms both have them for cheap

Bill Mostellar said:
Best Shirts available: 60% cotton pinpoint - great service, fit, and appearance

Joe Claar
Landerwood Corporation
4108 Park Road Suite 205
Charlotte, NC 28209
(888) 523-4474

Reference Number to give Bill Credit 2588

I second that. I only wear those shirts. I got two years out of two shirts wearing one every other day.

I'll agree with the Landerwood shirt. One small problem that I've had with them:when they are pressed at the cleaners, it "cooks" the buttons. The epaulet buttons on two shirts have crumbled off already.

Landerwood web site? You bet, and not hard to remember:

http://www.landerwoodshirts.com/

And they're not $38 a copy as an earlier poster wrote. $30 for short-sleeve, $32 long-sleeve. And US-made, which to me is well worth a few extra dollars than sending a lesser amount to a Chinese sweatshop.

Latest resources

Back