• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Cell Phone rates are best?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sprint is horrible. At least in the midwest, especially chicago. I have had sprint for two years and if I wasn't so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** cheap I would have moved on a long time ago. Not enough towers, tons of dropped calls (around 40%) and the worst customer service I have ever experienced, anywhere. This is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Go with at&t. Most airlines get a discount with sprint, but it is just on your regular monthly bill, not taxes or any over time charges. Sprint has the most minutes for the buck, but it is not worth the frustration. Good luck

I have AT&T nationl one rate, but I'm looking to switch. It does work EVERYWHERE (I even got service in Death Valley!) but it's expensive and their customer service is horrible. The company has an attitude of "if you don't like it, than we'll find 3 people who do". You call and complain about something and they give you a runaround. You talk to a manager and get (quote) "If you are unhappy with our service, it's your perogtive to find another company". Yes, I have actually been told that, many times. That's what happens when you get a mega-monopoly... they don't care about you.
I'm looking to switch to Cingular. I'm told they offer a 10% discount on monthly service and up to 90% discounts on equipment for Delta employees.

I had AT&T. Probably the best but it was too expensive for a furloughee. I switched to Sprint the day after I got furloughed so I could get the discount. 2450 night and weekend minutes. 350 peak. Including taxes, I pay $22.95 a month with the United discount. Even though Sprint (I dropped them to go to AT&T due an incredibly horrible experience with customer DISservice) has the WORST customer service, I couldn't help having a cellphone bill that is less than a night at the bar.

I have to agree, Sprint is the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. I get about 50% of my calls dropped in ATL, and the thing doesn't even work where I live. AT&T is supposed to be great, but it is expensive.

I got an AT&T discount through a Real Estate company. They didn't have plan going with the company I was with at the time.

Someone remarked..AT&T can find 3 customers for every 1 person who doesn't like it...yeah..I found that attitude when I called one day asking if they had something as cheap as Sprint.

Get AT&T..you'll always get the junior manning call!

Cingular customer service is horrible also. Try making multiple trips to their service center to get your phone fixed and obtain a loaner phone. The wait is an hour and a half in a waiting room worse than those in a gas station.

I use Sprint in the midwest, their service here is improving rapidly. As far as the rest of the nation goes, they have coverage in almost every large town/city. If your with Northwest or an airlink company they offer a 24% discount off the top of whatever your monthly bill comes to. Right now I get 450 anytime and 2550 night and weekend minutes for $50, but with the discount it comes out to around $35. Word.

I have had sprint, and if you'll notice that most of the people that love sprint above have all had it for just a short time. It won't take long to realize that they don't have customer service. They did have a discount for airlines but good luck getting it. I tried from July to Nov. and they gave me the run around. I sent in the info they wanted, then they asked for more. I sent that in, then they said I didn't give them the first bit of info they had, then I sent them all of it and they added more info they needed. You'll also find out that if you use the phone for a call more than 15 min. they will at some point kick you off/drop your call, so new callers can get through. Their coverage area is also very sparse. If you stray a mile off of an interstate or leave the city limits you will not have coverage. I live 2 miles from an interstate that is "covered" and I can't make phone calls from home. They are cheap, but thats about all they have going for them. I'm probably going with verizon, they are comparable and NOT Sprint

That's funny,
I called Sprint and told them I was a United Express pilot. They gave me the discount over the phone without verifying anything. I called in Chicago if that makes any difference. Gotta love a $23 a month phone bill.....but you GOTTA hate Sprint.

Latest resources

Back