Which airlines for furloughed pilots?

Fighterdude

Total Time
2500 +
Does anyone know which airlines are hiring furloughed pilots and not requiring them to "give up" their seniority number? Thank you in advance....

9rj9

Total Time
5 til2
Avolar (United Fractional)

Thats the only one I know of. ExecJet makes you sign a two year contract but i think you can keep your number. Good Luck !!!

pappy

Total Time
I thought that you had to resign your seniority number at EJA. That's why I haven't applied. Am I wrong?

Pappy:confused:

Humty72

Total Time
Resignation not required.

Allegheny is one.. but I don't think they are accepting resumes right now. :cool:

publisher

Total Time
reality

The basic story is that there are not any.

There are exceptions like hte USAirways -Allegheny situation but for all intent and purpose,, none

RJPilott

Total Time
some
I know ACA hired 140 FA's from UAL where they didnt require them to give up their number. Trained them, then the FA's got recalled. Maybe management is making the same wise decisions with the 200-400 pilots they say they will hire this year? Give em a call.. .ya never know...

CF34-3B1

Total Time
ASA is supposedly going to hire furloughed Delta (ONLY) pilots without requiring them to give up their mainline seniority #.

It hasn't actually happened yet, but our management folks say it is in the works.

It has ruffeled some feathers at ASA, but personally I don't see why.

328dude

Still turning two
Total Time
??????
US Airways is doing the same thing. Guys that got furloughed and used to fly for the three wholly owned previously are being hired without giving up their number. (AKA "Retreads") PSA is hiring right now. Cant speak for the other two brothers.

MD80DRVR

Total Time
11000+
PSA is hiring furloughed guys. Get yourself a letter of recommendation and you'll get an interview. Take care.