Which airline alows jumpseating EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Frax guys:(

Frontier had about the friendliest jumpseat prior to 9/11, but now it is out of our hands. The gate agent now checks your ID, checks the list, and issues a boarding pass to pilots from reciprocating airlines.

We aren't even consulted about who rides, and the rider isn't considered an acm. Most folks still have the tact to say hello and thank you when they get on, but aren't required to.

The good news to 121 folks is that we can carry as many pilots as we have empty seats in back!

As an ex- senior EJA pilot I wish I could do more, but in the post 9/11 world our hands are tied.

Fly smart!

Reciprocity vs. Good Will

Hey DC-9er! For what it's worth, I think that Blaster wiener was totally out of line. His subsequent weak attempt at contrition notwithstanding, it's clear he has issues, but that's his problem. The bottom line is this: There are some companies for whom the jumpseat is an issue of professional courtesy (i.e., they give their captains discretion to help make a fellow pilot's life a little easier) and there are some who base it strictly on reciprocity. Just like there are some people in this world who would stop in the rain and change a tire for an old lady and some who would speed on by, splash her with water and sneer "she shoulda had AAA."
Some guys want to help you out, but their hands are tied. Simple as that. At my old company we would (well, most captains would)fill every empty seat with jumpseaters (including Flight Attendants, until some wanker went through the opspecs with a microscope and found the DO's previous consent not to be specifically authorized. Come to think of it, he was a former Air Force guy too...is there a pattern here? Just kidding, brothers in blue... don't want to start an inter-service brawl here). So keep asking and you may get lucky. The worst answer you'll get is a snyde "no," unless maybe you have wires coming out of your sneakers.

Fly Safe and be happy ;)

Boy, you guys are never going to let me this down are you?? And especially from a Navy puke? Ha, ha...okay, like you said, no brawling goin' on here. Tough crowd, tough crowd.

Hey, just wishin' all a happy AND MUCH BETTER Oh Two for all!!!!!!!

Hmmm..???

.." it's clear he has issues..."

Wow, I guess some panties ARE in a wad! I personally know "Blasted" and he is one of the most professinal, smartest guys out there, with no ill intent - and certainly no issues. The issue of fractional pilots trying to jumpseat is not contained in "intro to jumpseating 101" given out on your first couple years in the majors, and the Air Force would rather spend time on other things. Let off the gas a bit, let the blood pressure return to normal.

As far as I'm concerned, when I was a capt' at the regionals I always let Exec Jet guys ride, knowing it wasn't an option for me on their end. There weren't many who asked, but I always went out of the way to accomodate. I'm a long time commuter, the seat in front of the ticket counter blows, any middle seat between a screaming child and the overflowing blue room is better. Unfortunately 9/11 hosed not only those of us on the street now, but those of us trying to commute to those precious jobs we still have.

DC9er,

If you get in a bind and don't mind riding around at night in a freight Lear we take most all comers especially if bearing any type of food. I fly for Bankair and can get you most places East of the Mississippi and a few out west (DAL, New Orleans, DEN, Sault Lake, Kansas City...). Private Message me where you'd like to go and I'll give you details, phone numbers ect... Don't forget to bring food. Feeding the animals is encouraged.

KlingonLRDRVR

Latest resources

Back