Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eagleflip

All-
We all remember Avbug---a virtual aviation encyclopedia, sincere and well spoken. Since the new board format has come about, I have not heard a single calming reply from this person, one of our most respected members...

Where's Avbug? C'mon...if we all write loudly, I'm sure he'll return to our midsts.

Avbug...you out there? Come back!

avbug

I read him ocassionally on other boards and I seem to remember that he posted a message to the effect that he was off to do an assignment somewhere that would put him out of touch for a month or so.
After numerous exchanges, I'm sure that he has not just given up. He is much to strong to have done that. He probably doesn't even know about this stupid new board design.
He'll be back, I would bet on it.

board

"doesn't even know about this stupid new board"

Well, if you think its so stupid...why don't you design a better one!! And BTW, you can pay for it too!

I have worked very hard to make this work and save the boards, that I really don't need people telling me its stupid!

Mark

board

Hey Mark--I think I speak for a lot of us out here who appreciate what you do with this site! IMO the board design has improved constantly every time you upgrade software!

PA

I have to admit, the the new format took some getting used to, but now that I've spent some time with it, I really like it. You do a heck of a job, and I hope you can keep this board open. I'm sure the poster didn't mean it personally, but the remark was certainly insensitive.

Getting used to...

Granted, this board may take some getting used to, but I think that It works out much better. I don't like the fact that the threads are organized by popularity, rather than recency. other than that, it is my only complaint.

~Fly7SA

It took me awhile to get used to viewing the images by time of last post as well. Now I like it though. It saves you the trouble of digging through to find out if there is anything new in a thread you've been following because if there is anything new, the thread gets moved up front. All-in-all, I'd say this new format rocks.

New Board and Avbug

Ditto on the board. It took me a few times to get onto it, but I really like it now. Learning how the board works is something like learning a new procedure. You finally get onto the old procedure until it is solid and you wonder, "howcum they're changing things again." But once you get onto it, you're okay with it.

I like being able to subscribe to threads in which I participate.

I, too, have wondered where Avbug's been. I miss his encyclopedic mind and well-written, sensible comments. Hope he joins us soon.

Latest resources

Back