Where to stay in MTJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PapaK

Looks like we are spending Thursday night in Montrose, CO. Looking for a reccomendation for where to stay and a nice resuraunt.

Thanks

Hotel possibilities

I know it isn't glamourous (but then neither is MTJ) but the Holiday Inn express on the south end of town is pretty nice. There are a number of restaurants, Wal-Mart, Blockbuster, etc. within a mile or two and there is a grocery store right behind the hotel. As far as a good local restaurant, there are a number of locals that the hotel can point you to; I usually stick with known quantities! The rooms are nice w/high speed internet in the rooms. There is a new Hampton right on the airport property, but you would have to drive to get to any restaurants. Hope this helps, I've spent more than my fair share of nights at MTJ.

Drive 45 minutes or so to Grand Junction and stay at the Doubletree. Nice place and last time I was there is was only $69.

Looks like we will be staying at the resort that the pax own. Hmmmmmm. Could be good or could be ...

Stayed at the Hampton Inn last time we were there. Typical Hampton. Clean rooms, fair price. Still working on wireless internet when I was there but that was last summer during the film festival in Telluride and they had just opened. MTJ obviously not the greatest place to go but hey, it could be worse. We could be behind a desk. Have fun.

Can't remember where we stayed but it was next to a Chinese restaurant. Had a giant jacuzzi in each room. Not bad.

We ended up staying at the Elk Mountain Lodge, courtesy of the pax. It was a 40 minute drive in the snow up to 8800' but well worth it. The cheapest room in the place is over $400/nt. They claim that the resuraunt is the best in the state. It certainly is among the very best I have ever enjoyed. Not your standard 135 fare.

We parked the a/c at Jetways, a fairly new FBO there. Great service. $350 to hanger the plane (sleet and snow). Uncontrolled airport with an ILS to 17. You can get Denver Center on the ground and again out of about 8000'.

Stay away from The Rusty Cannon!!! the name says it all!!!

Latest resources

Back