Where to buy multi time in SoCal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rominato

Anyone in the greater Southern California area know a good (cheap) place to buy multi-engine time? A coworker and I (both MEI's) are looking to plunk down money up front for a good deal on a light twin... up to 100 hour of flight time is our goal. Unfortunately, neither of us have any multi-engine students, and there are really no immediate prospects. As much as I hate to have to pay for flight time, we've decided we will.

Any help appreciated...

Look up the website for Lenair Aviation. They might have a program that can help.

Fred Sorbi in San Diego will cut you a deal. Money talks bull$hit walks. You might be pleased with the results you get with some green.

Oh, TwinAir's Baron is available for $135 an hour. I just saw on the website that the usual price is $175 or more.

They also list a JetRanger for $500 an hour with timebuilding at $140.

Interesting concepts in pricing, but their aircraft aren't going to fail due to neglect, unlike a certain operator at Brackett Field. . .

Well, so much for building time at a local FBO. The insurance requirement for the school I've been considering is 2000 hours total time, 1000 hours multiengine time, 50 hours in type (BE55).

But, $4000 will get a person a $135 rate.

No wonder the thing isn't flying. . . ouch!

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Try Rainbow Air at LGB. Haven't been there in a few years, but, I remember some students getting a discount for buying blocks of 50 hours. They had two Seminoles, a Seneca II, a 310 and a 421 at the time, but I heard the Seminoles may be gone now.

Insurance requirement back then was very low - no total time requirements at all. Can't remember exactly what it was, but I was flying the Seminole alone after about 20 hours of multi time, and the Seneca after I think five hours in type.

While looking for a "cheap" rate on multi time, remember, you get what you pay for.

I am a new hire MEI at ATP. We have offices in Long Beach and Riverside and offer a 21 day/90 hour ASAP multi time building program that includes 15 hours dual in the Seminole, 15 hours in the sim and 75 hours cross country. If you can make it to the east coast (ATL, JAX) we have a new 35 hour ASAP program with multi time for less than $100 per hour.

Check out our website at allatps.com.

Travis

Latest resources

Back