Where do you put catering?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100fly

I was just wondering where you guys put your catering in different aircraft types. I'm currently flying a LearJet, but I don't really know where to legally put our catering because of this reg:

Section 135.122: Stowage of food, beverage, and passenger service equipment during aircraft movement on the surface, takeoff, and landing.

(a) No certificate holder may move an aircraft on the surface, take off, or land when any food, beverage, or tableware furnished by the certificate holder is located at any passenger seat.

---

The only space that we have available is the pax seats in order for it to be available for them to eat during the flight. Just wondering if this affects the Fractionals for the smaller aircraft and if so, where do you put the catering?

When I was flyin the lears thats pretty much where we had to put the food. If it wasn't too crowded i'd just leave it packaged and put it in a forward facing seat and just try to make a nice smooth take off...Certainly no storage in those things!

take what you want with you in the cockpit, and put the rest in an exterior baggage compartment. It'll keep nice and fresh for ya! By the time you get to the hotel, it well be defrosted.

Putting food in the baggage compartment for me will be great when I go to NetJets, but for the next month I don't have to worry about that. We get some of the most random catering and never have anywhere to put it.

We have a potty that we could put it on - mmm good - but our potty is also a belted seat. When it comes down to it the only legal place we could put catering is behind the back seat where we also keep their luggage and crew luggage. In order to get to the catering the passengers would have to get out of their seats, reach behind the seat to find the latch, ulatch and fold down the back seat back, unload their bags and crew bags, grab their food, reload the bags, put the seat back into position, sit down, put on seat belt, then eat. Basically, people should fly on a larger aircraft if they want to eat on it as well. Gotta love the 30 series LearJets.

Put it in a bag/box, buckle the bag into the seat. Now it's not food at a passenger seat -- it's fragile baggage secured in the cabin!

Latest resources

Back