• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where did the naps go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which is why there won't be 5 legs days. A four day on the 200 will look like 3-4-2-3 and 16-20 hours credit. You are no longer legal to start/legal to finish, so they will put huge buffers built into your day. Sure, this will cause a need for more pilots, but we will take big credit cuts or work more days to make the same hours.......raw deal, but hey......lots more time in ********************ty hotels!

yep, this is how I see it too. We fought for Min Day. Basically, we no longer wanted to zip up the monkey suit and fly to ALB and sit in the Merry Acres for 18 hrs for 45min of pay. It was mutually beneficial to have us work. With these new rules, I think there will be a big, internal, push from the company to have "Max Day". Probably 6 hrs. Then take the before 7am duty in's and their limitation on duty day and I think it will be hard to top 5 hrs per day. Transfer that to next summer and how many pilots we will have (severe shortage) and our entire pilot force will be working Min days off and their schedule will come from that last condition of PBS, Select All Pairings.

A big push now is needed in our contract language. We need more flexibility so that line holders don't continue to stress the reserves with the draconian sick call, red arrow, and low coverage, and occurrence system we have now. It's quite simple. When I am forced to work when I have other commitments, which is not that often, I call in sick. I have no choice. Then a reserve must cover 4 days rather than an afternoon.

yep, this is how I see it too. We fought for Min Day. Basically, we no longer wanted to zip up the monkey suit and fly to ALB and sit in the Merry Acres for 18 hrs for 45min of pay. It was mutually beneficial to have us work. With these new rules, I think there will be a big, internal, push from the company to have "Max Day". Probably 6 hrs. Then take the before 7am duty in's and their limitation on duty day and I think it will be hard to top 5 hrs per day. Transfer that to next summer and how many pilots we will have (severe shortage) and our entire pilot force will be working Min days off and their schedule will come from that last condition of PBS, Select All Pairings.

A big push now is needed in our contract language. We need more flexibility so that line holders don't continue to stress the reserves with the draconian sick call, red arrow, and low coverage, and occurrence system we have now. It's quite simple. When I am forced to work when I have other commitments, which is not that often, I call in sick. I have no choice. Then a reserve must cover 4 days rather than an afternoon.

Good luck to the stupid lifers I say

Latest resources

Back