• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When do YOU get out of bed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try to sleep till noon, but 10:30am seems to be the magic number.
Was holding out till noon when I was buying the high class whisky, but now that I'm down to rock gut.....

I tell the girlies that "I live with an older couple in the hills". Sounds alot better than "want to come and do some naked hot tubbing and drink my dad's booze...." They imagine something like the Cato Kalin OJ thing....

One thing I know for sure....If I were a housewife, I'd become an alcoholic or shoot myself.

In the meantime, back to my educational pursuits...putting myself through home bartending skool....

You are killing me!!!

If you will excuse me, I have to go have another of my panic attacks.

I hate to here about your situation but your sense of humor has not been impared.

Best of luck to you.

Smoking Man

I'll admit that my wake-up is now around 11 am as well...I totally agree with the furloughee circadium rhythms...

You know, even though I'm in school and have the hateful desk job (medical administration, no less), I STILL wake up at precisely eleven a.m. when I don't have to get up for anything.

I think we've been programmed. *Hmpppph*

Ravengirl

Thank you for the laugh!!

I think 11:00 is the magic number.

The place where I temporarily reside (the same place I lived until I was seventeen....) had a new roof installed during the last two weeks (it also snows here and the contractors couldn't work). They arrived promptly at 0800 every morning and began tearing/ripping and whatever else they do that makes the greatest amount of noise.

What else? I was performing the internet junkie routine last night at 01:00am (again) and the house lost all power. Hmmmmm....the phone still worked (the old fashioned kind, not a cordless) and I was able to utilize the flashlight I keep in my flight bag (haven't seen it since I was furloughed) to browse the phone book to call the utility company. It was fixed by 05:30am -- apparently a driver had rammed an utility pole, causing the outage.

And I need to chauffer my grandma (actually, I really do enjoy spending time with her.....) around and perfrom the errands my mother suddenly doesn't have time to do (since I moved in.....). We left the house by 11:00am.....I am now sleep deprived and I'm not sure if I contributed to the GNP today or not?!?

Furloughed Gal

P.S. bin Laaidoff -- thank you for such a great post!! I needed the amusement tonight and you had me lauging until tears in the eyes.....

I would love to make it to 11am, but with two little ones in the house I'm normally rolling out of bed around 7 or 7:30...

I think you are all missing a lot by sleeping in so late... Just so you know, "Regis and Kelly" is on at 9 and, of course, you can't miss "The Price is Right" at 10!

LOL!! The Price is Right! YESSS!!

A couple of times recently I have mistakenly gotten out of bed at around 10 or 10:30 and found good ol' Bob Barker doing his thing... Glad to see that there are, in fact, some real constants in the universe.

Am I the only one who has noticed that his hearing is almost gone? He seems to not hear people's bids all that well... Took him three tries with one woman I saw.

"I'll bid 600 dollars for that super-duper classy turquoise ottoman, Bob".

"Okay, 1600 dollars for Kate there."

"No, Bob, 600 dollars, and my name is Brenda."

"Sixty-hundred dollars for Barbara."

"No, Bob, SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS, and my name is BRENDA!"

"RIGHT! Six dollars for Bobbo there."

"Forget this noise, I am going home."

*sigh*

Anyone watch "Passions", the soap opera? I hear that the doll that came to life with the wacked-out witch when they were alone is alive full-time now. Gotta love midgets.

Sorry, "little people."

I am going to have to remember that "old couple in the hills thing," it might just work... Until they see my lair in the basement. My, how the mighty have fallen.:D

Yes... Of course...

How silly of me! Timmy it is!

My mom gives me periodic updates about both Timmy... and the Spanish girl, possibly on a different show, who cries all the time (the one who married her fiancee's father when she was drunk, and just had an abortion, and fires up the waterworks every time she is on camera).

I mostly just stick my fingers in my ears and run from the room going LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

The fact that I know ANY of this makes ME want to cry. :)

A variation on a theme:

I get up at 8:30, watch Katie Couric kiss up to Paul Begala and Snake Man

drink two cups o java

eat some oatmeal

check the email

delete the mail from sexyamy69xxx, who says I met her in a chat room, and has a big link that says HERE ARE MY PICS. Amy wants to be my bud for only $29.95 a month...

delete the mortgage offer , the card offer, the home business offer, the AEPS notice (GIV Captain wanted), and the 25 variants of these emails

scan this board

call four regionals, three flight schools, two charter ops, and a partridge in a pear tree

then I go back to sleep until eleven

Latest resources

Back