• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's your work schedule like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With these scheduals, I'm going to quit my day job as a physician and join the ranks of you guys. Sounds like a bunch of sweet scheduals but with like everything else, there is good and bad!

But whats the bad?

$240 a week here. It's only a $30 a month pay cut but that equals 2 cases of BEvERages...not an inconsequential matter.

I wish I was getting 240 or 255...

I was furloughed before spending enough time with the company to get unemployment.

I have great time off though, 199 days and counting!

When does it ever end?

Fly safe/

10 days a month off. I flew 2.6 hr all of april have not flown since 4/2. gotta love reserve at an over staffed airline, thank the god's for 75 hr pay guarantee.
O

and then there is regional hell.....

11 days off per month. This month (April) equals 19 days away from home. 3 day, 4 day and 5 day trips. I will get paid for 82 hours of work and will get a per diem check for $486 for my 324 hours on the road. And it looks like I'll be logging close to 79 hours in the logbook.

I have a job (vs. being furloughed) but no life. As to some of those other sweet schedules above - all I can say is enjoy it while you can. Wish I had that kind of time - I've got a dirty car, weeds up to my knees and a stack of bills that need attention. Good thing Wingate Hotels have these internet connects!

othello said:
10 days a month off. I flew 2.6 hr all of april have not flown since 4/2. gotta love reserve at an over staffed airline, thank the god's for 75 hr pay guarantee.
O

Hey Othello.
at least you not doing the big RR anymore or are you ?????? ;)
how is everyone doing at the crashpad, see you soon.

11 days off a month is regional hell? Don't say that too loud around Lakers. When I was there, I was easily flying over 100hours a month and only had one month when I had over 10 days off (12 days!). And then there was the hell stretch for 3 months where I was the only FO in IMT and there was only 1 captain. We dropped down to min legal days off (24 hour breaks every 7 days) for one of those 3 months.

Latest resources

Back