What's your cell phone plan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AT&T

sure its a bit more expensive... but no limits on when you use the minutes - no problems anywhere in the US... big cities, small towns... service in canada and mexico with no problem... and europe with the GSM card they send you... and for the most part its $.10 / min including long distance... $.25 if you use over your plan. - which I have yet to do.

I just thought sprint's coverage was horrible... great in big cities but useless when you go to small towns. - I was with a crew last week and one had verizon and the other sprint and they kept asking to use my phone as theirs were useless. so I'm sticking with them.

but that's just my experience... perhaps it'll change..

I would love to save some money on my cell phone bills...

Has anyone used those signal strength enhancers that are sold on TV late at night, and now a few stores? Supposedly you just stick it to the back of your phone like a sticker and it improves your signal strength.

Do they work???

They work

They work.. at taking money out of your pocket.

Don't know about others, but Sprint gives you a 20% discount on your total bill if you're an airline employee (mention that to customer service).

I use Verizon Wireless... 500 anytime, 2000 weekend minutes, 1000 mobile to mobile, first incoming minute free... $39.99/mo

Oh yeah, free LD, call waiting, voicemail, etc etc etc.

I have SprintPCS - $39.99 per month includes 600 anytime minutes. The best phone to buy these days is the Sanyo 5150. It has a color screen and a bunch of cool stuff to mess around with. Quick web access to retrieve your e-mail and those all important NBA scores.

Cingular

I'm on the Nation 500 plan:
500 Anytime
3500 Nights & Weekends
No Roaming

Has worked well for me where ever I go.

Antenna

Yeah, I got screwed on the sticker antenna thing. Dont waste your time. Thought my Nokia 5165 could use a little help.

Also to throw my 2 cents in. I have ATT. Pretty good plan (a little expensive) reception is great all over....except my house. Big dead spot there. But I've had it a lot of places in the country and only place I have yet to get consistent reception is out in a mountainous area.

39.99 Unlimited night (after 9) and weekends. 400 anytime Mins.
Free long distance in your home calling area. (Mine's FL...CFI so been all over, no probs)

a little trick for AT&T users...

I live on the west coast and got a phone number from out east using a buddy's address... (with everyone having free long distance I figure area code doesn't really matter...)

where this has come to help me is on the free night time minutes they add to your account... it can be based on either the billing address or area code... so my free evening minutes start earlier in the day for me when I'm at home on the west coast.

will they figure this out... I bet they will.

but until then - more free calls earlier in the day is cool.

hope it helps folks.

Latest resources

Back