What's UPS looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BRlinepilot

What is the secret to getting an interview with UPS, if/when they start interviewing again? Is it the recc. letters and do I have to know someone in the company? How much more weight do recc. letters from UPS pilots carry, versus recc. letters written by "non" UPS pilots I've flown with? I know, lot's of questions, but if you know, don't be shy! Thanks.

It is usually paramount that you know someone on the inside to get the nod for a UPS Interview. Letters of Recommendation from current UPS pilots are almost a must. And even better yet if you can get a LOR from a Management person who is not a UPS pilot you may even have a better chance yet. That is what happened to me. I had letters from a current pilot and then from a family friend who was a VP with UPS. I hope this helps.

I recently heard that UPS is not planning on hiring during the 1st quarter this year and will re-evaluate next quarter. We are very shorthanded and have more airplanes coming on line this year. So I anticipate at least some hiring but not for a while.

I firmly believe the only way you will ever get an interview is with a recommendation. Also you need to be competitive, I have several friends (all very competitive) that I have recommended and they have not received any word. In other word it is still a crapshoot even with a rec.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back